Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:27 PM

Re: Women or Men

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have never needed friends, or anyone else for that matter, with whom to talk to about personal matters. I prefer to sort them out myself.
I dont think anyone NEEDS friends but it is really is lovely to have some, my best female friend and I are like sisters and we share so much and give each other so much support in times of woe. I wouldn't want to be without my friends but at the same time I do like my own company.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:31 PM

Not sure to be honest... I have both but nothing surprises me these days by either gender.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Ditto with my job as a Sparky. You have to be non-threatening and be able to put women at their ease, and that involves talking to them about everyday things and getting them to talk about themselves.
After a bit of questioning about the fault on the TV or video recorder, I'd often look out at the garden and talk about that. Also about the dog, cat, a house feature or just anything and was never 'forward'.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Ditto with my job as a Sparky. You have to be non-threatening and be able to put women at their ease, and that involves talking to them about everyday things and getting them to talk about themselves.
Like quantum physics, forensic psychology and clinical sciences?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:25 PM

I'm 50/50 I suppose, but get on slightly better with the ladies generally..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I dont think anyone NEEDS friends but it is really is lovely to have some, my best female friend and I are like sisters and we share so much and give each other so much support in times of woe. I wouldn't want to be without my friends but at the same time I do like my own company.
I have a best friend from school, who was a bridesmaid at my wedding in 1969. We keep in touch, but apart from sharing family news etc, we don't discuss our innermost thoughts. I prefer to keep them to myself, I don't even share them with family.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top