Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:28 AM

Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

Have you ever got to the point where you have simply had enough that you want a fresh start, like you have had enough? Do you need a complete change of scene?

I feel like that nearly all the time and it gets worse as each day passes.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:42 AM

Re: Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

Sometimes I do but whenever I feel this way it usually means I’m stressed out and I’ll do whatever I need to do to balance my life again so I’m content and happy.

If you are feeling like this all the time perhaps you aren’t living an authentic life that’s true to you.

I try and keep my life simple
If I start viewing my life too negatively then I will make a point to count my blessings and be grateful for what I have.
Things can always be worse

Overall I’m REALLY happy with my lot in life.

I hope your outlook changes Floyd.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:44 AM

What a great thread! Thanks buddy.

Yes, I can relate! Lol
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Sometimes I do but whenever I feel this way it usually means I’m stressed out and I’ll do whatever I need to do to balance my life again so I’m content and happy.

If you are feeling like this all the time perhaps you aren’t living an authentic life that’s true to you.

I try and keep my life simple
If I start viewing my life too negatively then I will make a point to count my blessings and be grateful for what I have.
Things can always be worse

Overall I’m REALLY happy with my lot in life.

I hope you do too Floydy.

Great post, Nikki. Thanks for reminding me to write a gratitude list!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 03:34 AM

The problem with this approach is that no matter how you whinge and waffle and how you describe your woes, “getting away from it all” is a myth, a non starter and a pipe dream.
The reason for this is that all problems originate and take root in your head. When you go to somewhere to “get away from it all” you take your head with you.
Go ahead and get away, your problems will be highlighted when you have nothing to fill in your time,.. Problems will reign unfettered in your mind.
But what do I know?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 04:25 AM

Bad idea to start this thread really.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Bad idea to start this thread really.
Not at all Floydy. Many people feel like getting away from it all but sometimes it's impossible because other people depend on you. To get away from it all would be too mean so you have to look for other means of escapism but stay put.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-03-2018, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Not at all Floydy. Many people feel like getting away from it all but sometimes it's impossible because other people depend on you. To get away from it all would be too mean so you have to look for other means of escapism but stay put.
Hi Leia.
What I meant was that I'm thoroughly fed up and need a drastic change or something. It's probably not a good idea for putting on the forum as it's too private an issue to share all over the world on the internet, so I'll leave it there I think and just tell myself to 'man-up'. Just wish it was that easy.
There's people much worse off but that doesn't mean I have problems and have to confront them.
Surely other blokes get this.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Leia.
What I meant was that I'm thoroughly fed up and need a drastic change or something. It's probably not a good idea for putting on the forum as it's too private an issue to share all over the world on the internet, so I'll leave it there I think and just tell myself to 'man-up'. Just wish it was that easy.
There's people much worse off but that doesn't mean I have problems and have to confront them.
Surely other blokes get this.
Of course there are people worse off but that doesn't lessen the impact your own problems have on your life. I'm quite a private person and totally agree it's not a good idea to publish your problems on the internet, you'll only live to regret it. Its not easy to "man-up" even though I'm a woman but I know what you mean
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 06:28 AM

Hi

I think a lot of people do Floydy.

I gave up a very good job and moved because I could not stand the bosses.

It worked for me,I was much happier.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top