Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 05:01 PM

They think its all over.

It is now.

So the football season is now over for 2013 / 2014. My team started well but faded second half, too much off the pitch controversy and a owner who is just in it for the money.

Its a shame that football like many other sports has become little else than a cash cow to non interested owners.

Most of our lot will depart in the summer, sold to the highest bidder, without spending the proceeds on decent replacements, and the slow decline will continue. Its a shame for the fans who are passionate about their team, but Mammon seems to rule all aspects of the world these days.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:02 PM

Re: They think its all over.

My Dad was a great football fan and a lifelong supporter of Derby County his local team. I think football was ruined years ago when who can afford to buy the best players determined which clubs would win and ticket prices became prohibitive for many.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My Dad was a great football fan and a lifelong supporter of Derby County his local team. I think football was ruined years ago when who can afford to buy the best players determined which clubs would win and ticket prices became prohibitive for many.
Your right Meg remember when my team went all ticket, a firm i worked for bought up boxes for entertainment of clients.

Non of them had a clue about the club or its fans or even football, was just a place to be seen.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:19 PM

Your club sounds a lot like mine Norm. Nottingham Forest started the season in a great way and with the new Foreign owner I thought we were going to go high. We were in the play offs for ages then they sacked our
Manager Billy Davis and then got the youth manager to look after them. We in the end came 11th from the high heights of the 2nd at one point.
We now have to wait for Stuart (Psycho) Pearce to come and save us. He
is a legend in Nottingham being a ex player and we all look forward
to seeing what he can do with the team. I just hope the very rich owner who thought he was going to have success and grab millions from the Premiership gives Stu chance to organise the team and not expect automatic promotion in the first year money grabbing people who own
our clubs nowadays. Without the fans you wouldn't have a club so why
they go on sacking people all the time I don't know.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

11-05-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Your club sounds a lot like mine Norm. Nottingham Forest started the season in a great way and with the new Foreign owner I thought we were going to go high. We were in the play offs for ages then they sacked our
Manager Billy Davis and then got the youth manager to look after them. We in the end came 11th from the high heights of the 2nd at one point.
We now have to wait for Stuart (Psycho) Pearce to come and save us. He
is a legend in Nottingham being a ex player and we all look forward
to seeing what he can do with the team. I just hope the very rich owner who thought he was going to have success and grab millions from the Premiership gives Stu chance to organise the team and not expect automatic promotion in the first year money grabbing people who own
our clubs nowadays. Without the fans you wouldn't have a club so why
they go on sacking people all the time I don't know.
Know Stuart Pearce very well, he played for my team Newcastle United, an imposing character hope he does the job, would not like to confront him. Your right its all about short term results, look what Ferguson had to go through before he became the most successful premiership manager
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 07:16 PM

At the start of the season I did state that my team would be lucky to win one match and would be relagated... and that's how they started.

BUT

Last game against Liverpool they came from 3.nil down to draw 3.3

AINT FOOTBALL GREAT when your team is kicking ARSE
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

12-05-2014, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
At the start of the season I did state that my team would be lucky to win one match and would be relagated... and that's how they started.

BUT

Last game against Liverpool they came from 3.nil down to draw 3.3

AINT FOOTBALL GREAT when your team is kicking ARSE
Really enjoyed that game, Liverpuddle lost the PL that match

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top