Join for free
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:02 PM

Oh boy!!!!!!!!! Flood in my kitchen!

I cant believe today, first i found the freezer in the cupboard plug had come out of socket enough to defrost all the food in it,THEN went into the kitchen to find i was paddling in water, didnt know if it was coming from a house pipe or the washing machine, wiped all the water up from underneith the kitchen units, tumble dryer and washer, pulled the washing machine out and the freezer out wiped the water off the floor again, then put washing machine on and put bath towel on floor to find out where the water was coming from luckily it was from under the washing machine not the house pipes, so have to wait for washing machine man next week. Now im cooking all the defrosted food, oh well the heat will dry out the kitchen hopefully, and have to buy some more bath towels too now as i ruined loads!The third thing was last week or so when the vidio ...recorder chewed the taped so i had to get a new one! xx
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Re: Oh boy!!!!!!!!! Flood in my kitchen!

Looks like it's not your day Sully. Why do these things all happen the same time? We came back from Butlins one year to a broken freezer,saved and cooked what we could but most had to go in the bin. I wish you well with your clean up.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Goodness Sully one of those would have been bad enough-only consolation is that it didn't happen over the christmas period - hope you get sorted soon....
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:29 PM

We find it always happens around Christmas time as well, we've been victims numerous times over the years...
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:33 PM

Thanks all, just finished cooking everything except the lambshanks we can have them for dinner tomorrow night.Just waiting for everything cool down so i can re bag and re freeze again.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:36 PM

What a pain! Hope you get it all fixed up soon Sully!
sjbo659
Alaska
sjbo659 is male  sjbo659 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:43 PM

I added another alnumn of what we got the past 4 days. Over 30" and the wind in starting to blow now and a call for another 5" tonight. Lots of snow for a white Xmas.
sjbo659
Alaska
sjbo659 is male  sjbo659 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Your having a real day aren't you? Like a dummy I left my freezer open last week but its on the back porch and its freezing so everything turned out ok.
LynX
Cornwall
LynX is female  LynX has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2009, 08:01 AM

You certainly have my sympathy too. Hope you get it fixed ok.

My fridge freezer is on the blink and I'm trying to hang on until the sales - talk about tempting fate with Xmas and New Year between now and then.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Oh dear hope you get it fixed soon...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top