Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:00 PM

A deep thought

I didn't know where to put this, hence LEISURE.

Think about this-- My screen was blank before I typed this; however I had already thought what I was going to type. A future event, as envisaged in my thought passes quickly through the present then instantly becomes the past.
Our grasp of what we understand as time is limited and moves forward only, or does it ? Consider this-- What if we could step outside of time?
What if the order became, future, present and past, doesn’t seem difficult as I have already described that order above, or present and present. Any of these last scenarios points at time being flexible, unstable even.
If the future comes first, the course of events in our lives must have been pre arranged. Already happened & therefore unchangeable/.
Present, future & past become one thing, pre existing & co existing.
Finally could it be that events we now think of as past are confirmation of events which have already occurred.

What do you think?
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Re: A deep thought

I think it's too deep for me... A day with a 3yr old has scrambled my brain!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I didn't know where to put this, hence LEISURE.

Think about this-- My screen was blank before I typed this; however I had already thought what I was going to type. A future event, as envisaged in my thought passes quickly through the present then instantly becomes the past.
Our grasp of what we understand as time is limited and moves forward only, or does it ? Consider this-- What if we could step outside of time?
What if the order became, future, present and past, doesn’t seem difficult as I have already described that order above, or present and present. Any of these last scenarios points at time being flexible, unstable even.
If the future comes first, the course of events in our lives must have been pre arranged. Already happened & therefore unchangeable/.
Present, future & past become one thing, pre existing & co existing.
Finally could it be that events we now think of as past are confirmation of events which have already occurred.

What do you think?
There can only be one answer to this sentence highlighted in Bold and that is Yes
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
There can only be one answer to this sentence highlighted in Bold and that is Yes
For sure events which are past are events which are past.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Yes but past events were in the future once, weren't they?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
Yes but past events were in the future once, weren't they?
Thankyou LInDA...................
my point exactly as expressed in my opening gambit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Robert that is too deep for me at this time of the day .
At the moment I am in the here and now thinking of where I am going shortly and glad it is not yesterday
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Whilst you are planning what to do in the future the here and now becomes the past.

Doesent time fly so quickly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top