Join for free
View Poll Results: What form of Heating?
Central Heating 10 90.91%
Gas/Electric Fire main source 1 9.09%
Movable Heaters 1 9.09%
Real Fire 2 18.18%
None 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Do you all have.....

Do you all have Central Heating?

Seriously wishing we did, only have 2 movable electric heaters, Gas Fire is not working - so a tad on the chilly side as heaters are quite expensive to run, so only use in evening.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 12:18 PM

Re: Do you all have.....

Gas central heating (combi condensing boiler).

Also have two oil filled radiators for additional heat when required.
(oops ..... didn't notice it was multi choice)
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 01:41 PM

I didn`t know what to vote as I`ve got a couple of night storage heaters. They aren`t really adjustable and you can`t just turn them on if you`re cold - you have to decide the night before- so do they count them as Central Heating as such?
I`ve got one going most days now but I`m really worried about the bill.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 01:52 PM

Gas central heating (combi condensing boiler).
Same as Mags....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Oil central heating and a real fire which I used at Christmas but ran out of logs. I am very frugal with the heating oil so go to bed early with my leccy blanket and a good book.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Gas central heating - combi boiler
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweep ->
Do you all have Central Heating?

Seriously wishing we did, only have 2 movable electric heaters, Gas Fire is not working - so a tad on the chilly side as heaters are quite expensive to run, so only use in evening.
My mother in law who is 81 recently had central heating put into her bungalow. She was given a government grant when she applied to Warm Front. She is very cosy now but is still hoping to get another grant to put insulation into the loft.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 05:45 PM

I missed that it was multi-choice also. Have a gas boiler but also a small electric space heater I use when the house feels chilly.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top