Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2010, 09:41 PM

Re: How to get rid of a wasp queen?

Originally Posted by nero ->
If you choose the environmental services be quick Azz, . . there's moves afoot to end this free service mate.
Free??? we had to pay for ours to be removed, hubby is pensioner and we are on disability and benefits?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 02:49 PM

I think some councils offer it for free Sully
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Let me tell you a tale about getting rid of wasps Azz.

My brother had a wasps nest in the wall of his old cottage. Being a silly man, instead of getting Environmental Dept. in, he used to nip out in the evenings, just as it went dark, with a silicone gun, and bit by bit, day by day, (or night by niight), he sealed the nest off.

A day or so after it was all sealed off, he was sat upstairs in his study on the computer. No, I don't mean he was sat on the computer, I mean he was using it!. Keep up at the back there! Anyway, he started to hear this odd humming sound, which seemed to be getting louder and louder. He opened the study door and walked down the hall, and the humming was getting even louder. As he reached a bedroom door, it seemed to be at its loudest - so he opened the bedroom door..................yep, the whole bedroom was full of thousands of angry wasps, who, unable to get out of their nest through the outside wall, had crawled through the wall of the cottage and had managed to exit into the bedroom through a small hole behind the central heating radiator!

It was the master bedroom.

His wife did not speak to him for a week.

They had to move into the spare bedroom for a week.

He had to get the Environmental Dept out after all.

He felt very, very silly.

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 08:32 PM

Wanda, what a wonderful cautionary tale! ROTFL!!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2010, 08:41 PM

Lol good story Wanda made me

That is my biggest fear too... as knowing my luck they would decide to use my room as it's always pretty warm!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Has there been any sight or sound of the wasps lately, Azz?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

19-04-2010, 06:13 PM

No.... but there have been lots of bees hanging around outside - wonder if they are renting the old wasps nest
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
No.... but there have been lots of bees hanging around outside - wonder if they are renting the old wasps nest
I hope they bee-have
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2010, 10:47 PM

Oh Mags..... groan!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

20-04-2010, 01:04 AM

I hope they leave some honey behind

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top