Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 06:26 PM

Genius Tips

I have just read these tips in an old copy of Reader's Digest.

Ever bruise your fingers when hammering really tiny nails? Then hold the nails upright in the teeth of a pocket comb!!!!!

Sharpen the blades in your paper shredder with two sheets of A4 sized heavy duty aluminium foil. Feed them through the shredder one at a time and the blades will get sharpened with minimal fuss.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 10:53 PM

Re: Genius Tips

Good tips CC!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 11:00 PM

Couple of good tips there Cookiecate, especially the one about bruising your fingers......have done that many times and it hurts!!!!!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 11:28 PM

I know and it seems such an obvious thing to do but I had never thought of it. Another tip is loosening a rusted bolt by rubbing it with a few tablepoons of a fizzy drink. Read's Digest also says that peanut butter smooth or crunch will stop hiccups. (Haven't tried that one yet)
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2010, 02:31 AM

And after all these years Readers Digest will soon be ceasing or maybe already have, the publication of the little book thats filled so many dr's and dentists waiting rooms!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

29-04-2010, 10:33 PM

I didn't know that my mother in law will be lost without the Reader's Digest magazines.She spends a fortune with them and we all know what we are likely to get for Christmas.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2010, 08:49 AM

good tips there. I love these nougats of info, any more?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

07-05-2010, 09:26 AM

Hang on while I have a look through the old copies of RD in the mean time I am told to take your car to a council run MOT centre who won't suggest unnecessary reparis.

See you soon.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

07-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Just found this
If you're always scrabbling about in the cutlery drawer for small/large knives, forks or spoons, get in the habit of storing the large ones with the handles facing you, and the small ones facing away. Still looking
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2010, 06:01 PM

I just tip mine in from the dishwasher, I used to have a drawer tidy but everyone kept mixing them all up so I thought bugger it and took it out.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top