Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 09:00 PM

Has anyone used a sprayer

We are thinking of getting a sprayer to paint our fence (newly erected) we will have about 25 panels inside and out to do can anyone recommend a make or type for us to use we have a farm supply store near us and they do a make called Barrentine and it is half the price of Ronseal or Cuprinol any ideas suggestions or feedback on brands greatly appreciated...
Sue
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 12:43 AM

Re: Has anyone used a sprayer

Spraying is OK but the spray mist can travel quite a bit onto shrubs and plants, try a roller, you can get rollers with deep pile for uneven surfaces.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 08:59 PM

I agree the sprayers outside are wasteful 'cos like Nero says a lot 'drifts' away in the wind and can harm gras and plants. Better to use a roller or even an old fahioned brush.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2009, 09:16 PM

I get covered with a roller, so no way am I trying a sprayer!!
plainjane
Worcs
plainjane is female 

27-08-2009, 12:48 PM

My brothers neighbour had a sprayer....and sprayed a newly erected conservatory and downstairs windows on my brothers house as well as the fence...my bro was not amused!!!!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by plainjane ->
My brothers neighbour had a sprayer....and sprayed a newly erected conservatory and downstairs windows on my brothers house as well as the fence...my bro was not amused!!!!
Hope it all came off ok!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->

Hope it all came off ok!
Or that they liked the colour!
plainjane
Worcs
plainjane is female 

27-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->

Hope it all came off ok!
It took weeks!!!

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Or that they liked the colour!
He said that it was looking through nicotine stained net curtains when he looked out!!!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh Gawd doesn't sound very promising then does it now you have got me wondering what to do I think it would take us a year and a day to hand paint that lot and it's so flippin expensive it is going to cost us over £100 just for the paint and sprayer oh decisions decisions thanknk you so much to all of you that have given your reasons on this it is very much appreciated...
Sue
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Does it have to be done in one go Suey ? You could take the 'Forth Bridge' approach and do a couple of panels each weekend, then when you come to the end it will be time to start over 'cos these darn things should really be done every couple of years !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top