Join for free
Page 52 of 95 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

I am reading on my Kindle, 'Only Child' by Rhiannon Navin. It is about a school shooting in the US told by a small boy. It is a different sort of book to one I have come across before, but I am finding it a good read.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:10 AM

I'm reading The Last Days Of The Romanovs - Tragedy at Ekaterinburg by Helen Rappaport.

Quite chilling but an excellent account of the Tsar and his last days. I do like my history.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am reading on my Kindle, 'Only Child' by Rhiannon Navin. It is about a school shooting in the US told by a small boy. It is a different sort of book to one I have come across before, but I am finding it a good read.
I may look that one up - you read a lot, don't you Tarantula?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-05-2018, 09:45 PM

A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man by James Joyce.

Must be 25 years since I first read this.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Do you mean The Perfect Girlfriend Carol by Karen Hamilton? its in the best sellers list and has had brilliant reviews.. I read it and to be honest I thought it started off very promising too but for me it all got a bit far fetched and I hated the ending.

Don't let my review put you off though because a pal of mine who writes herself thought it was brilliant... If its the same book I would be interested to know what you thought of it
No I've never read that one.

Mine is called 'The Girlfriend' by Michelle Francis. It's her debut novel.

I've finished it now and it was brilliant from beginning to end.
I can highly recommend it if you want a psychological thriller that you can't put down.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No I've never read that one.

Mine is called 'The Girlfriend' by Michelle Francis. It's her debut novel.

I've finished it now and it was brilliant from beginning to end.
I can highly recommend it if you want a psychological thriller that you can't put down.
Thanks I will look out for that one
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 07:15 AM

I've just re-read The Hand of Mary Constable by Paul Gallico. It's been many years since the first read and it's still a good read and quite intriguing.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:10 PM

I have just finished How To Walk Away by Katherine Center.

Couldn't put the book down...a true lesson in dealing what fate hands us and how to become a stronger person because of it.

Takes place during three weeks following an airplane crash, and the central figure has a sense of humor. My kind of story, even a bit of romance thrown in!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Inferno by Dan Brown, not impressed, first 100 pages go off like a steam train then it becomes a tourist guide to Florence and Venice..thumbs down.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.

One of my very favourite writers, all her work is brilliant, very imaginative in style and content.
She cleverly sets the scene and draws you into the story, but the outcome is a different one from the last...

It took me a while to get used to what she was doing, and after a hundred pages or so I went back and began again!
But it's so so clever and engrossing.

The setting is 1930 onwards, a big family, through the war years and beyond.

There's a sequel (which I actually read first, but it doesn't matter)
A God In Ruins.

Page 52 of 95 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top