Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2011, 04:52 PM

Re: nail varnish

As to the polish remover and the hardwood floor.... try a bit of it in an unobtrusive spot to see if it damages the wood.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
LOL

Tell the lil shit to scrub it off with her toothbrush ...... ..... ....... LOLOLOL

OR ............. Make her pay for a Rug to cover it outta her allowance
Well, she's no relation to me and I rarely speak to her. She gets no allowance as she's too unreliable to do chores. Same with her lazy brother. Not the way I raised my kids... but I take no hand in guiding these ones. It's not forever, and it could be worse, right?
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-05-2011, 02:31 PM

Oh dear Annie , she sounds a right lil shit

Cant you speak to her Parents ?

Is her Dad your Partner ?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Yes, he is. When the girl was 11 she was sweet and helpful. I've lately given up on trying to treat her like a daughter as she's become deceitful, self-centred, spiteful and pretentious. She's rude to her dad unless she wants something, and she lies to both of us. Has stolen money, a piece of my jewellery (I have very few pieces so it was quickly missed) and she probably shoplifts the hair products and nail polish she seems to have in plenty. Her mom wants little to do with her and lives in another city. Oh well... it's not forever.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Cripes Annie , how awful for you both

Agreed , it`s not forever but it must be terrible to live with just now though .

Can her Dad not toughen up with her ?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

17-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Can her Dad not toughen up with her ?
Yes, but she pretends to be penitent, 'promises' to behave, lapses back into old behaviour. I think he's at a loss sometimes. Never went through this with my own girls.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 05:34 PM

Annie, I went through that with my own daughter, she's now thirty seven and hasn't changed much so thank goodness yours isn't forever ......... My son on the other hand is a different kettle of fish, perfect!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-05-2011, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Yes, but she pretends to be penitent, 'promises' to behave, lapses back into old behaviour. I think he's at a loss sometimes. Never went through this with my own girls.

Sheeeeesh ! ! ! .......... I dunno what to suggest really , like you , I never had anything like that with any of my three ( all boys ) ......... Maybe she needs therapy or a good kick up the ar$e .......... One of the two would hopefully sort het out

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Annie, I went through that with my own daughter, she's now thirty seven and hasn't changed much so thank goodness yours isn't forever ......... My son on the other hand is a different kettle of fish, perfect!

Oh Maryl , i`m so sorry to read this .......... No point in asking if she`ll grow out of it then is there
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2011, 10:08 PM

These are the sort of posts that make me very happy never to have had children ........
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

19-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
These are the sort of posts that make me very happy never to have had children ........
Yes, but my own 3 girls are the light of my life and I miss having them all with me. I'm proud of how they've turned out and glad to see them doing well in their relationships and careers.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top