Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:22 PM

A strange beeping noise in my house

It's like the sound of a smoke detector with a low battery yet all mine are wired to the mains.

I can't pinpoint where it's coming from at all, it only beeps for about 10 minutes at various times of the day. It's not my CO2 detector either.

I'm wondering whether I have an old smoke detector in a drawer somewhere but don't think I do. I'm at a complete loss with this one.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:27 PM

Re: A strange beeping noise in my house

We had a similar problem. It nearly drove us mad trying to find where it was coming from. It turned out to be the burgler alarm.

Let us know when you find what it is.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:34 PM

Is there a backup battery in the burglar alarm in case of electricity cut?.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:34 PM

I will - it goes on at the oddest times, like 5:45 in the morning or 8 at night.

It's not very loud but it is annoying.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Is there a backup battery in the burglar alarm in case of electricity cut?.
I don't have a burglar alarm; I live in a flat with a main door and only one other house in the stair.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:37 PM

have you found your mobile
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:41 PM

I can imagine it's annoying . My carbon monoxide battery started bleeping , I couldn't open it to change battery so put it in the garden bin , it was there for two weeks chirping and as it was in large dustbin it was amplified , it seemed to go on forever and when bin was emptied such a relief . I'm surprised neighbours didn't ask what it was , though it sounded like a trapped bird . Hope you find it soon
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I will - it goes on at the oddest times, like 5:45 in the morning or 8 at night.

It's not very loud but it is annoying.
Sounds almost like an alarm clock , the sort of one you would take on holiday and leave in your suitcase when you got back
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-11-2017, 04:56 PM

I think it must be my wired smoke detectors (there's nothing else that I can think of) - I just pressed one (they are connected via bluetooth) to let them all go off and try and reset them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 05:21 PM

When our smoke detectors which are wired in had a hissy fit because of a small power cut it took us a week to figure out where the noise was coming from. It had a reset button inside that just needed pressing.

Our co2 monitor went wrong and kept bleeping on and off that had to go back to British Gas where we bought it from and they sent us a new one.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top