Join for free
Page 107 of 276 « First < 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:34 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Pleased to hear your very good news, SP. It's such a relief when our kids are ok.

Val, I will be thinking about you tomorrow and wish you strength and well-being while you fight this next round.

Hugs to you both.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:04 PM

I saw a GP today as I've still got the chest infection. She prescribed some more amoxycillin as it seemed to be working - a 10 day course this time. She also took blood which they will want to see tomorrow. I hope that my treatment goes ahead despite the chest infection.

I've also got a tube for a sputum sample, plus my drug kept in my fridge which they will inject tomorrow.

Packing for 4 days is easier than packing for a longer time period...just clothes, really, plus my phone and charger, toiletries and my medication. I'll try and buy a bottle of coke in the morning. I don't drink much in the way of fizzy drinks except when I'm in hospital. Everything I need should fit into 2 bags. Have decided not to take my iPad but simply my phone instead.

Edit: Mustn't forget my earphones; I did consider once bringing in my headphones but think they're too large.

I hope that today went well for you, Val J.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Pleased to hear your very good news, SP. It's such a relief when our kids are ok.

Val, I will be thinking about you tomorrow and wish you strength and well-being while you fight this next round.

Hugs to you both.
How sweet you are Surferbabe

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I saw a GP today as I've still got the chest infection. She prescribed some more amoxycillin as it seemed to be working - a 10 day course this time. She also took blood which they will want to see tomorrow. I hope that my treatment goes ahead despite the chest infection.

I've also got a tube for a sputum sample, plus my drug kept in my fridge which they will inject tomorrow.

Packing for 4 days is easier than packing for a longer time period...just clothes, really, plus my phone and charger, toiletries and my medication. I'll try and buy a bottle of coke in the morning. I don't drink much in the way of fizzy drinks except when I'm in hospital. Everything I need should fit into 2 bags. Have decided not to take my iPad but simply my phone instead.

You seem very organised Dreamy. I am such a last minute person.
I hope we hear from Val.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:22 PM

I hope she's feeling better and is able to voice her concerns to the hospital staff.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:02 PM

Good luck tomorrow Ffosse, I know it might be difficult for you but try to relax while you are in hospital - this is all being done to help you.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Sorry to read you haven't been feeling too well, Val ... I hope things start to improve for you soon.
Thank you Mags. I’ve had a surprisingly good day to say I’m on my chemo at the moment, must make the most of it!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:52 PM

I am glad you have had a good day Val. Thanks for letting us know.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ffosse, it's good to hear you're feeling more positive and I hope all goes well for you when you go into hospital on Thursday.

We are all supporting both you and Val here and sending best wishes to you both.

It’s appreciated, thanks Mags.
Val J
East Yorkshire

20-06-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Hugs to you both.
Thank you Surfermom, it’s been a longish day with an early start but not feeling too bad today.
Val J
East Yorkshire

20-06-2018, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->

Edit: Mustn't forget my earphones; I did consider once bringing in my headphones but think they're too large.

You do seem to be well organised Ffosse. Hope all goes well for your hospital stay tomorrow. It will soon be over!

I’ve had a decent day today, a bit longer than usual as they were very busy, but it’s over with for another fortnight.

Page 107 of 276 « First < 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top