Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2011, 11:21 PM

Re: Beware the pitfalls of retirement developments

Thanks again Losos - The photographs do look quite impressive. I couldn't see any costs on the website, but it did say that the homes increase in value similarly to conventional homes. Perhaps when you have been to the exhibition you would post again and let us know what you think. Regards. Rena
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 09:37 AM

I`d hate to live with only one age group. Just being old or middle aged or young doesn`t make you a great person, after all. Or even interesting.
I have a young guy down the road who will do odd jobs for me. The girls next door provide endless amusement with their shy courting activities on their doorstep. The little boy next door is a pleasant child to chat to (even if I can`t stand his parents). The mix keeps you young, keeps you part of the ongoing bustle.
I`m not ready for the Grey Ghetto yet.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 10:34 AM

Thats a good point Claire and something else to think about. The thought of no maintenance does seem attractive though.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I`d hate to live with only one age group. Just being old or middle aged or young doesn`t make you a great person, after all. Or even interesting.
I have a young guy down the road who will do odd jobs for me. The girls next door provide endless amusement with their shy courting activities on their doorstep. The little boy next door is a pleasant child to chat to (even if I can`t stand his parents). The mix keeps you young, keeps you part of the ongoing bustle.
I`m not ready for the Grey Ghetto yet.
Once again a valid point Claire, but you of course are so much younger but being realistic, how do you think you'll cope with house maintenance if you (a) can't afford to get someone in to do it and (b) can't do it yourself (too heavy, too difficult etc.)

My wife is just like our dogs, all three of them live in the 'now' world and never think about the future, I don't like to think about it either but I do try (sometimes) to fast forward twenty years and think how I would get by.

I suppose that's just part of our individual make up.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 03:00 PM

No maintenance but ULTRA HIGH MAINTENANCE CHARGES!

Exits fees when you need to go into a care home will mean the care home you get may not be the one you would have chosen if the developers/freeholders charge 10% exit fees!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 04:34 PM

Insurance covers major repairs. For small stuff I have friends, relatives and a little man round the corner.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Insurance covers major repairs. For small stuff I have friends, relatives and a little man round the corner.
Well the bungalow by the sea sounds quite attractive to me too, are there any round your way

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top