Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 06:33 AM

Re: Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think a lot of people do Floydy.

I gave up a very good job and moved because I could not stand the bosses.

It worked for me,I was much happier.
Sounds like a plan mate, but unfortunately I have things to settle financially before I can quit my current job.
Some day. There is a light shining, however dimly lit.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 07:18 AM

Quite often, I'm retired now, so I can and do take myself off to a favourite hotel of mine on the Sussex coast for a few days, as long as I can get a cat sitter, and they have 'my' suite available. I come back feeling refreshed for a while at least.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 07:44 AM

I'm feeling sorry for myself. I work by myself too much.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 07:58 AM

No. I look forward to my holidays away, (and hope I'll be well enough this year), but I would always want to come "home".
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Bad idea to start this thread really.
Floydy,

You should take a week's break in Wid.

That might make you feel better?
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm feeling sorry for myself. I work by myself too much.
You and me both, mate....
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:47 AM

I no what you mean Floydy, nearly two years ago we moved house and wish we hadn't it awful, the neighbours are loud and swear outright, i hate it. I long for the day we get to the East Yorkshire Coast to live.. If were still alive!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I no what you mean Floydy, nearly two years ago we moved house and wish we hadn't it awful, the neighbours are loud and swear outright, i hate it. I long for the day we get to the East Yorkshire Coast to live.. If were still alive!
Hi Sue lovely to see you back. I am sorry to learn your move was 'a mistake' what a nightmare for you .
I hope you can find a way to move again very soon
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 09:55 AM

I know what you mean Floydy have to admit I often feel like that. I have a pal who lives in a house on stilts in the mountains on the beautiful island of Grenada. Often if I'm feeling down I used to imagine being her and swimming in the ocean off Grand Anse beach....I told her this once and she proceeded to tell me all her woes.....I didn't mention it again

My dream now is to live on a boat maybe a narrow boat on a canal somewhere but only on sunny days
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I know what you mean Floydy have to admit I often feel like that. I have a pal who lives in a house on stilts in the mountains on the beautiful island of Grenada. Often if I'm feeling down I used to imagine being her and swimming in the ocean off Grand Anse beach....I told her this once and she proceeded to tell me all her woes.....I didn't mention it again

My dream now is to live on a boat maybe a narrow boat on a canal somewhere but only on sunny days
lol! The grass always seems greener...

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top