Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:14 AM

Re: Do you ever feel like getting away from everything?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Sue lovely to see you back. I am sorry to learn your move was 'a mistake' what a nightmare for you .
I hope you can find a way to move again very soon
Thank you Meg It's another world here where we are, we were going to go to the coast, but with family been infirm and poorly we hung back, hubby's been off work 2 years through illness from his work So we will have to wait a little longer, we have had a lot happen.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Floydy, Tell me when you’re going, l’ll come with you!!

I suppose because of the job you do, your day has turned into night and visa versa, it must be a lonely place at times.

One of my friends did permanent nights and his Vitamin D levels went very low, are yours ok?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
The problem with this approach is that no matter how you whinge and waffle and how you describe your woes, “getting away from it all” is a myth, a non-starter and a pipe dream.
The reason for this is that all problems originate and take root in your head. When you go somewhere to “get away from it all” you take your head with you.
Go ahead and get away, your problems will be highlighted when you have nothing to fill in your time,.. Problems will reign unfettered in your mind.
But what do I know?
Re-reading my response I can see that I missed the point totally & gave a trite answer to a personal issue.

I meant to encourage ,Floydy, not dismiss

It's good to talk.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:51 AM

I feel the same way Floydy.

I'm dying to move House, but no one wants to buy ours and it is making me depressed, also I have no family left as my Sister and I don't talk any more, that's long gone now, I have a Husband but no children, I am fed up with day to day life its so boring, so I know what you mean.

Keep your chin up as the EastEnders say.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:05 AM

You might be suffering SAD Floydy ? In which case all your woes will seem twofold at present.
Hope this current feeling passes soon .
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Yes Floydy i certainly do i once lived on an Island named BARNSTON located in British Columbia Canada and how i yearn for that Island. I must have been mad to have left it hopefully one day i may return. Its worth a Google.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I feel the same way Floydy.

I'm dying to move House, but no one wants to buy ours and it is making me depressed, also I have no family left as my Sister and I don't talk any more, that's long gone now, I have a Husband but no children, I am fed up with day to day life its so boring, so I know what you mean.

Keep your chin up as the EastEnders say.
I assume you have decluttered and painted everything in neutral colours Susie.
If you have done all this reduce your selling price to attract more buyers .
We only have one life .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:57 AM

I am quite happy.
I am sorry for people that feel differently, it's hard.
Life is always a challenge, but somehow we all get through it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:20 PM

I want to get as far away as possible from my kitchen today. There is a bleeping sound every 30 seconds or so, which appears to be coming from the top of a fitted cupboard where we keep our glass wear. There are electrics on top of the cupboard for the cupboard light, which I never use, but it seems unlikely that the sound is coming from that. It is more like the bleeping coming from our smoke alarm when it requires a new battery, but that isn't causing the problem. We had an electrician up this morning to see if he could fathom it out, he can't either. Anyway he is coming back with his son this evening to see if two heads are better than one at trying to solve the mystery.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Hi

Life changes, happy as you can be and then the rug is pulled out.

You need to change and adapt, we only have one life.

I had a stunningly intelligent and beautiful employee.

An absolutely lovely lady, the stuff dreams are made of.

It turned out Husband had been abusing her for years, only stayed because of the kids.

Eventually she found the courage to leave.

The kids have been very supportive, she is now with a new man, she is happy and so are the kids.

No more black eyes, no more kids getting traumatised, go for it.

It applies to men as well.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top