Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 05:47 PM

Re: And another scam :TPS of all things..

for 4 years we keep get a phone call asking for Jacques claiming to be some organisation or other. it is in fact and insurance company trying to sell life cover. We can't stop it as the calls are from agents working on commission and each call has a different number, usually from a house.

After all this time you can imagine how rude we can get when answering. The language is certainly not lady like and we are X/D as well

Managed at last to stop threatening letters from that Ballantyne heath organisation demanding subs from someone we have never heard of but at this address. It took me to say I am taking out an injunction to stop harrisment before they listened

This is the letter

The last para did it for me. All these years we have returned all letters as not known at this addy, yet they ignored them all, so i kept this one
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Yes - there is some info, at this link, if you haven't seen it already:-

http://dontpaywonga.co.uk/arc-europe...ay-read-first/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
This is the letter

The last para did it for me. All these years we have returned all letters as not known at this addy, yet they ignored them all, so i kept this one

Presumably, Realspeed, you are not Ms Elizabeth Maskell!

I should find it very entertaining to ignore them in the hope that they'd take you to court.

There would be some red faces, and no doubt some financial penalties, when they discover that you are not, in fact, Ms Maskell!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 06:48 PM

JBR
When I rang this company they said I should not have opened it and sent it back. When I told them we had been doing that for four years it shut them up. I also kicked up a hell of a stink at the fitness company head offices as well demanding this owners address and tele number so I could do the same to him. they didn't like that
both barrels they got with canon power
Our worry was this address black listed with credit companies
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:13 PM

The problem with these cold callers/scammers getting your telephone number and/or email address is not anything you have done but is the fault of others, friends/family and business/councils that sell your information.

All it needs is a friend/family member to not know what they are doing on the internet, click on a link they shouldn't have or not properly focused on an email they received and opened an attachment or web link and woosh, all their information, plus yours will be handed to the scammers.

I'm in the technology business, have been for over 25yrs therefore i know how to safe guard myself but i am still at the mercy of my friends and family to make sure they do the same. Their computers, phones, ipads have my contact details and if they fail to check what they are doing..woosh, all that contact info is sent to scammers. So not only have they got my family/friends contact details, they now have mine, by no fault of my own.

The same can happen to companies that harvest our data, local councils, employers, banks, insurance companies, plus many more. They all sell our data to 3rd party companies/business, sometimes universities but mainly to advertisers/marketers. Now if there systems get compromised, again, our personal contact info is in the hands of scammers.

Our personal contact info is held by far to many institutions and we are at their mercy to make sure their systems are hack proof, because cold calls, spam emails and spam post will never ever stop.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top