Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 03:46 PM

BBC (R) Repeats

TV listings for BBC1, apart from news, politics current affairs, religion, three prime time programmes and a film the rest are repeats. BBC2 much the same, apart from gardening, cookery, sport or sport related.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 05:03 PM

Re: BBC (R) Repeats

Its why i gave up TV when it went digital. Also too much space to fill with 24 hours of programs, repeats and remakes are needed.

Lets go back to less TV hours, like in the 60`s. Get folks active again, kids could learn about how to entertain themselves again or dare i say it go out and play.

I blame it all on Coronation street, bliddy Ena Sharples and crew destroying the minds of the nation.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:16 PM

Due to the Tory's imposed death by a thousand cuts, the BBC only has so money to make or buy programmes, hence the repeats.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Due to the Tory's imposed death by a thousand cuts, the BBC only has so money to make or buy programmes, hence the repeats.
Makes you wonder where all our TV Tax money is going, doesn't it?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 09:02 AM

I once decided to count all the repeats listed on the five main channels for one day. I seem to remember it was about seventy five including films that had shown before.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 10:15 AM

As I understand it, broadcast companies are obliged to add (R) after the film/programme title if it is a repeat of something having been shown on that channel before. I don't know the time period, though. Perhaps if it has been many years since last shown, they may not need to do that.

I have noticed many times, though, that the sneaks get around this by showing the programme on a different channel. I have seen a number on BBC4 that I have seen recently on BBC1 or BBC2, and don't get me started on the amateur channels, especially Channel 5.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As I understand it, broadcast companies are obliged to add (R) after the film/programme title if it is a repeat of something having been shown on that channel before. I don't know the time period, though. Perhaps if it has been many years since last shown, they may not need to do that.

I have noticed many times, though, that the sneaks get around this by showing the programme on a different channel. I have seen a number on BBC4 that I have seen recently on BBC1 or BBC2, and don't get me started on the amateur channels, especially Channel 5.
Plus all the 'Revisited' programmes or 'Classic moments'.

Another thing that REALLY annoys me is when a programme is described as Brand New when it is actually series five episode 28.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top