Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Here we go again

Here we go again,I couldnt sleep last night ,though I think I dozed a bit now & then,my breathing was bad today so I requested a home visit from my GP surgery,Dr came prescribed steroids [again] & took a urine sample & prescribed A/B ,she arranged for a nursing team to come tonight & they have left me a nebuliser,they will return tomorrow ,with the usual message 'If it gets worse ring 999' It seems I have a certain type of Asthma & this problem will keep re occurring every few weeks .I dont want to go back to hospital again so I am struggling at home.I dont go to bed now my recliner chair is very comfortable & I either sleep or part sit & watch tele
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:43 PM

Re: Here we go again

Hello Deylon. Just a few lines to wish you a more comfortable night. It's very warm at the moment, so maybe you will be better sitting up rather than being smothered in a duvet.
Hope you feel better in the morning.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 09:51 PM

I am so sorry to hear your health is not so good Deylon, I hope you manage to have a restful sleep tonight. Take care xxxx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2018, 11:11 PM

I hope you have a comfortable night and are able to get some sleep, Deylon....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Here we go again,I couldnt sleep last night ,though I think I dozed a bit now & then,my breathing was bad today so I requested a home visit from my GP surgery,Dr came prescribed steroids [again] & took a urine sample & prescribed A/B ,she arranged for a nursing team to come tonight & they have left me a nebuliser,they will return tomorrow ,with the usual message 'If it gets worse ring 999' It seems I have a certain type of Asthma & this problem will keep re occurring every few weeks .I dont want to go back to hospital again so I am struggling at home.I dont go to bed now my recliner chair is very comfortable & I either sleep or part sit & watch tele

Just a little tip to help you have a more comfortable night. A little dab of 'Vick Vapour rub' under your nose and down on your throat last thing at night - might help you to sleep or at least have a more comfortable night's rest.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 03:40 PM

Hoping things get better for you, deylon.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Thanks U.J will try that.Didnt sleep much last night but enjoyed two old detective programmes,it was hot so had a mini fan going..Nursing team came again,said B.T shows Im aneamic, but no mention of any treatment,not coming tomorrow,a Respiratory team are coming instead [ they came once before I went to hospital & were supposed to return ,but didnt ] & they will liaise,+district nurse to dress my ulcer.Iam getting a lot of treatment now,why couldnt it have been done before then I may not have ended up in hospital.You can bet that as soon as I start to improve I will be ignored again
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 12:10 AM

So sorry to hear you are going through this yet again Deylon. At least for now you are getting plenty of medical care at home.

Instead of sleeping in the armchair, have you considered getting an adjustable bed?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

06-06-2018, 08:32 PM

Any advice Annie please?Price /where Id get one etc.Though I dont know where Id put it, my own double bed is not very old,wouldnt want to part with it.My chair is a fully reclining chair,I can have back rest from upright to almost flat, foot rest up as far as I wish from down to level wih seat,so it is like an adjustable bed
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 01:03 AM

That's a shame that you have a fairly new bed, but that you don't sleep in it so often these days. I know the chair is comfy but you must have a restless night in it compared with a real bed. There are so many sites selling adjustable beds. The prices are from about £400 to over a thousand.

Are you feeling any better today?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top