Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 03:01 PM

Re: Cataract operation

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
JBR - hope everything recovers well for you!
Thank you ST.
Pepe Le Pew
New Member!
McGregor ~ Canada
Pepe Le Pew is male 

10-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, therein lies the difference.

The cataract surgery I had, and which is the usual practice here, is the removal of the lens from its capsule and its replacement with a synthetic lens.

I know from personal experience that the eye that has been operated on is still blurry (though I'm not sure why) for a few days. Mine is, two days after the operation.

I'm hoping it will improve!
JBR I hope you see some improvement soon. I'd go back to the Doctor who did the surgery and see what is going on..

I seen my Doctor the day after for a complete eye test, and again two weeks later.

Have it checked out JBR..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 05:42 PM

JBR. From the NHS website.

You should be able to go home on the same day as your cataract surgery.

You may have a pad and plastic shield over your eye when you leave hospital, which can usually be removed the day after surgery.

Feeling should start to return to your eye within a few hours of surgery, but it may take a few days for your vision to fully return.

It's normal to have:

grittiness
watering
blurred vision
double vision
red or bloodshot eye
These side effects usually improve within a few days but it can take 4 to 6 weeks to recover fully.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top