Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 08:19 PM

Re: just got back from Norway cruise

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Having a pee was the first thing when I got home
I remember after coming back home from Italy last year all I wanted to do was eat beans on toast with a bit of cheese and brown sauce!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:25 PM

Only today I was wondering what had happened to you Realspeed, and as it happens I've made a short list of cruises that Mrs Fox and me would like to do before the end of the year. Norway is quite high on the list and I would love to hear about your adventures and see some photos.

I don't see anything wrong with posting on the forum upon your arrival home Realspeed I'm sure there are plenty of us who have missed you. I sometimes pay for the internet while on board and report on the forum while afloat, it makes you find out stuff about the ship and places you visit that you probably wouldn't bother doing.

Welcome home sailor....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 11:13 PM

Pretty place, and a nice cruise, but if I'm honest the Fjords, whilst stunningly beautiful, are just waterfall after waterfall. Worth doing once but wouldn't do it again.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=tarantula;1441782]Blimey the first thing I would do when coming back from a holiday is the important things in life, not posting on a forum.[
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:17 AM

I did 4 cruises with Hurtigruten in the winter. Although they did the same route, Bergen to Kirkenes to Bergen, I never tired of it
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:25 AM

I was all set to go with P&O a few years ago but a couple of days before the cruise they rang to say it was cancelled due to a pilots strike...not air pilots I mean those little boats that guide you into ports. We ended up going to Israel instead with Celebrity.,

OGF, they do Fred Olsen cruises to Norway now from Newcastle that might be an option...I've never cruised with them though so no idea what they are like.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 08:55 AM

Funny thing is my youngest son is in Norway at the moment as part of his eight month odyssey round the world (ends in August)

He has his photos on the bloody awful instagram - he just went on a 10 hour 28km hike in the mountains. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to link to his photos.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was all set to go with P&O a few years ago but a couple of days before the cruise they rang to say it was cancelled due to a pilots strike...not air pilots I mean those little boats that guide you into ports. We ended up going to Israel instead with Celebrity.,

OGF, they do Fred Olsen cruises to Norway now from Newcastle that might be an option...I've never cruised with them though so no idea what they are like.
Neither have I Summer, of the four cruises we've been on so far, three were with P&O and the first cruise we did was a transatlantic on the Cunard ship Queen Mary 2. It was a surprise for Mrs Fox on her sixtieth birthday. Six days at sea and three days in the big apple from where we flew home. Although it was fabulous, I said that I would never be a cruiser.. But three cruises later, and you know what? There's something about sailing around the world in a luxury hotel.....

Although Newcastle is a good deal closer than Southampton, I don't mind driving down the day before and staying overnight in a hotel, its part of the holiday, and as a courier I drove down to Southampton just about every week..... I believe that all the other cruise companies deal in Dollars, but P&O are still working in Sterling...While it's not a deal breaker, It is something that I prefer. All the same, I'll have a look what Fred's got to offer, you never know....

Sorry to hear your visit to Norway was cancelled Summer, I don't think Israel would be my choice though. I wouldn't go anywhere there is a lot of trouble, one of the reasons I would never go to Ireland. Mrs Fox would love to go but I always get the feeling that us English would be unwelcome ever since I heard from a school friend who visited Ireland many years ago, said she had received the silent treatment and rebuffed in all the local shops, and she was half Irish as well!.....It sort of put me off, and I've never forgot it.....My apologies to the Irish members if I've got it wrong.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

17-06-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Funny thing is my youngest son is in Norway at the moment as part of his eight month odyssey round the world (ends in August)

He has his photos on the bloody awful instagram - he just went on a 10 hour 28km hike in the mountains. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to link to his photos.
That's some hike Bruce, especially in mountainous terrain. Although I would like to visit Norway and Fjords, I'm a bit of a warm weather type of bloke, and would prefer to meander round the Med. Mrs Fox is always banging on about going though, so I suppose I'll have to rough it just this once...

I also tend to think a bit like Realist and believe that 'seen one waterfall you've seen them all'.... And because I've spent so much time in the Lake District running and walking, how different can it be......Probably just the same but colder!...Brrrrrr
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2018, 12:17 PM

with nearly 700 photos on RAW and the same in Jpeg format it will take some time to go through them all

Anyway here is a taster , unbelievable beautiful scenery

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top