Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 04:32 PM

Re: Hoarders

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I made up an album for my children of relevant photos and dates, the rest I took to the tip. I also did a family history going back to the 1700’s. As we have no other family, I think I covered anything they would need to know. They wont inherit any clutter from me.
I am not sure what will happen to these photos, my children aren't interested them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 05:38 PM

Hi

Dehoarding can be fun.

I put on sale 4 books, 3 expensive Reference books, just on local sites, not Ebay.

All now gone, more than I expected.

The Fourth, is a scrappy old thing, dirty, torn spine, something for the bin, but decided to chance it.

It has gone ballistic.

You never know what you have got lurking in the Attic.

The downside is a painting, and boy am I going to take a loss on that, about £800, times change.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 05:41 PM

I know what I have in my attic - absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I know what I have in my attic - absolutely nothing whatsoever.
Family archives and christmas decorations are all that is in my attic.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My mother became a hoarder of just about everything before we deposited her in a care home. It took my poor sister ages to get rid of all the junk from the apartment in which she was living, which belonged to my sisters and I after our father's death.

You have such a gentle turn of phrase Tara your poetry must be a hoot.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Hi

The only pictures my two are interested in are those on Banknotes.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:54 PM

Ok! After reading Jazzi and Mups posts I’ve just concluded that I’m a hoarder also. Oh goodness. I have a shed full of empty plant pots of all sizes just in case I need them. I can’t throw away any old collars from my dogs and still have some of their baby teeth. There are trays and trays of beads I have collected when I had an Etsy shop and sold stuff plus I’ve got a half a bedroom full of fabrics that I’ve collected.

My dads a hoarder with a touch of OCD and both my brother and I have a bit of the same thing. Since I’ve helped my parents de-hoard I’ve been getting better. Clearly seeing where some of my bad habits came from and the end result of what happens has made an impact. I just don’t want to deal with all this extra stuff when I’m too old to even care about it

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top