Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:39 PM

Re: How big is your TV and does it suit the size of your living room?

Mine is guite small 30 something. My son offered my their old huge TV when they moved house but I didn't want some hideous big thing in my sitting room.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:47 PM

The bigger the living-room the better these giant TVs look.

We can't all live in mansions though.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:47 PM

Ours is 42".

We had a neighbour who also had a very big TV that looked like you were in the Cinema and it was mounted on the wall, but you had to look up to it which gave you a stiff neck. How can any one watch that I don't know.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:48 PM

Ours is a 42 inch and is not bad, but it's a big room and could easily take a bigger one..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Ours is 42".

We had a neighbour who also had a very big TV that looked like you were in the Cinema and it was mounted on the wall, but you had to look up to it which gave you a stiff neck. How can any one watch that I don't know.
For me, a TV at more or less eye level is ideal; I seem to have got lucky with mine; the unit it sits on is level with my head so my eyes are looking straight at the middle of the screen.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 06:58 PM

55" and I sit about 7' from it.

The picture is good; I can't see the pixels at that distance. Some would say it's too big for the room, but it suits me. After all, people sit in the kinema and watch a screen that more than fills their visual field.

Like all 'thin' TVs, the sound is tinny so we also have a sound system with a sub woofer.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:04 PM

Mine's 32", telly that is.
My daughter gave me her huge backlit tv once, I think it was 50", I didn't like it dominating the room.
Mine is just right now I think
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:14 PM

Ours is a 47 inch Panasonic that is about 5 years old. The sound is run through an Onkyo Home Cinema system.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:48 PM

our living room is quite big ..so we bought a 55 inch .. lovely set picture perfect ...looks great especially for the football some one saids lol
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
our living room is quite big ..so we bought a 55 inch .. lovely set picture perfect ...looks great especially for the football some one saids lol
I should add that our TV is unsuitable for football.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top