Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 07:59 PM

Re: How big is your TV and does it suit the size of your living room?

Our is 42. Our room isn't that big really but it doesn't look out of place and the corner pf the room houses it quite well on a glass 3 tiered stand. We have a surround system. We'd love a cinema room with a huge screen like at the cinema. My husband is really into TV technology and I feel a new one coming on in the next couple of years. He really enjoys watching Sci Fi and his TV is his pleasure.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 08:48 PM

I have in fact just purchased a new Toshiba 49” tv to replace an ageing Samsung. I ordered it on Friday it arrived Sunday, Fathers Day, at 7.30 in the morning The delivery guy said that because of the World Cup they were being inundated with new tv deliveries. I was his first drop he had 18 others to do..
I am still in the process of tweaking...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:29 PM

Lounge one is 36", bedroom one (hardly used nowadays) is 32".

I would love a bigger one, but there is nothing wrong with it, so I will have to be patient. Mind, it is >6 years old, as is the bedroom one, bought together when Mum and I had a tv buying spree. And she's been gone 6 years October.

Same as the car. >14 years old, extremely low mileage, mechanically sound, goes well, starts every time, gets me where I need to go, and just because my brother has just replaced his (tinny, they said) Fiat 500 with a veeeeeeeery nice Mazda 2 Sport, and I fell in love with it, wouldn't replace just for the sake of it.

So the car and the tvs stay as they are. Getting old, basic, but functioning just nicely thank you.

(But I can never resist walking around Currys going 'oooooh, I like that!')

And the dog has chewed the cable to one of the surround sound speakers, the cow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2018, 09:30 PM

I set up my favourite channels list but as for picture, sound etc. left them at factory settings because I believe those are the best for this particular TV - the picture is great. All I did was run the sound through my hi-fi and rearrange my furniture a bit.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:56 AM

Don't own a TV - have a 24" monitor with excellent internal speakers and a DVD player. Would not want anything larger than that.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:31 AM

Mine is 50ins but it's on the wall in a big room about 5.5x8mtrs
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Do you use its own speakers or have it attached to a soundbar or similar? I've found that most TVs have tinny sounding speakers as there is less room to place them in skinny designs.
I used to have it connected to a superb surround sound Sony DVD player which was excellent but then we needed to change to Bluray. I continued using the DVD player as an amp for a while until it went wrong. Unfortunately, you can't buy Bluray/surround sound combined any more.

Now, it's just it's own speakers which occasionally sounds like surround sound on certain programmes.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:37 PM

Well guys.
I think I can beat the lot here for big TVs!
We have a large open space living/dining/kitchen area.
In the living/dining room we have two 65 inch Oled 4K and Ultra TVs.
In the main my Wife and I watch the main TV by the side of my computer there from the settee.
But if my Wife wants to watch something because I perhaps am watching the football, then she sits at the end of the table there and watches that with wireless noise reducing headphones on.
Then she doesn’t disturb me!
Works for us and the TVs aren’t too big for the overall space anyway.
It’s like being in the cinema but without some rissoles rattling popcorn or phones going off or summat or rowdy Sprogs around us.
Works for us!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1621729-D5CF-4985-9620-597231CAC586.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	6252   Click image for larger version

Name:	2D32751D-E5DC-4BB8-ADA8-7E3BB067D671.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	6253  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Well guys.
I think I can beat the lot here for big TVs!
We have a large open space living/dining/kitchen area.
In the living/dining room we have two 65 inch Oled 4K and Ultra TVs.
In the main my Wife and I watch the main TV by the side of my computer there from the settee.
But if my Wife wants to watch something because I perhaps am watching the football, then she sits at the end of the table there and watches that with wireless noise reducing headphones on.
Then she doesn’t disturb me!
Works for us and the TVs aren’t too big for the overall space anyway.
It’s like being in the cinema but without some rissoles rattling popcorn or phones going off or summat or rowdy Sprogs around us.
Works for us!
Wow, that's useful.

You could actually watch both at the same time if you sit in the right place.

You could watch our cricket team beating the Pakistanis and beating the Australians at the same time!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 03:13 PM

I think that's beaten everyone on here for size.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top