Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:51 AM

Re: A very senior moment in Tesco

Originally Posted by John ->
Well I'm relieved it's not just me! However, I don't think I'll top what happened about 6 months ago. I live in a 2nd floor flat in a block of six. Went to open the door to the flat, and the key would not fit. Banged on the door, shouted to my wife to open the door, no reply, Right I thought, she's gone out to the shops, I'll go and get her.Went out of the block, then decided to go back in. To my horror, I found out I'd be trying to get into the flat below!! Fortunately the nice young couple who live there, had gone to work. God knows what they would have said if they were in! Obviously one never mentioned the sad sorry story to them, although I did confess to her indoors!
It's even worse when you do this in an hotel with either the key or a swipe card, where finding it doesnt work you go to reception with that look on your face..you know the one I mean..only to find after they patiently sort you out that you are the plonker. Oh dear .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
It's even worse when you do this in an hotel with either the key or a swipe card, where finding it doesnt work you go to reception with that look on your face..you know the one I mean..only to find after they patiently sort you out that you are the plonker. Oh dear .
On holiday once, we went into the wrong beach villa. Obviously all the locks must have been the same. Mrs LD said, 'Ere, who's lined all my shoes up like that?'. Then we realised they were not her shoes and it was not our villa, so we quickly left. Luckily, no one was in.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Anyone notice how these senior moments are becoming more regular and what seemed like a senior moment when we were younger now seems common place, like going for something upstairs and then forgetting what it was ...just an everyday occurrence
I either read or heard on the wireless about that. Apparently it is an evolutionary thing.

The theory goes that humans are programmed/conditioned to to forget what was previously useful when they enter a different environment. ie Knowledge or skills that were useful for survival in a jungle are useless when on a savannah. Unfortunately it has carried over into the home environment.

That knowledge is a great comfort to me when I arrive in the kitchen to find that I have forgotten what I went in there for.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:43 AM

A very embarrassing senior moment. I was trying to scan my bus pass. After several attempts the driver took my bus pass, took one look at it and started to laugh. He said "I know bus fares are quite expensive now but I hardly think you need a credit card to pay". Several people within earshot found it very amusing too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I either read or heard on the wireless about that. Apparently it is an evolutionary thing.

The theory goes that humans are programmed/conditioned to to forget what was previously useful when they enter a different environment. ie Knowledge or skills that were useful for survival in a jungle are useless when on a savannah. Unfortunately it has carried over into the home environment.

That knowledge is a great comfort to me when I arrive in the kitchen to find that I have forgotten what I went in there for.
Well that's comforting Bruce.
Are you sure you weren't looking for beer?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 02:18 PM

Talking about supermarkets and senior moments, I think the staff at the one we use seemed to have a collective senior moment.

We used Ocado for quite a few years but switched to ASDA a few weeks ago. Yesterday it was an absolute farce. You couldn't have made it up.We had scheduled a delivery slot of 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. My wife got a call at about 4:00 saying the delivery would be late, 4:45 to 5:45. because the truck had broken down.

Fair enough you think. But that came and went and still no delivery. So the Mrs called again and, after at least four attempts and searching on line, managed to get to talk to somebody.

"Your order has been delivered."
"Not here."
"The system says it was delivered to No 18 street name."
"We are at 81, not 18!"
"Maybe it's a glitch in the system?. Would you be able to take them tomorrow?"
"No, we will not be at home tomorrow or the next day. I need them delivered today."
"We can try."
By then my dear wife was fuming but she remained civil.

So I strolled round to No18. They had not received a delivery. Turns out that our order was still on the blasted truck. It had not broken down - the driver had simply reached his permitted driving hours and returned to base.
Another driver was dispatched. We got our 3:00 to 4:00.delivery at 8:00 pm.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top