Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
HouseE
New Member!
Vancouver,Canada
HouseE is male 

15-09-2016, 10:10 AM

Re: Mouldy bathroom

Mold is usually caused by moisture that lingers in the bathroom due to the lack of ventilation and could also appear if you have a leaky toilet or pipe. The best way to prevent mold would be to use the bathroom ventilation fan whenever you shower and then leave it on for about 30 minutes after you are done showering.You could keep the household humidity levels below 50% by using an air conditioner or a dehumidifier.It is better if you throw away empty shampoo bottles and shower gels because they can easily provide places for molds to grow. Getting disposal bins would be a good idea. When I was doing my renovation I rented out a couple of disposal bins from a disposal bin rental company called gorilla bins http://www.gorillabins.ca/ which was based in toronto.Just collect these disposables in a bin and you could even have it recycled.But make sure that you call your nearest recycling unit before having it recycled to check with their policies.Because different recycling units would have different policies.You could get rid of the molds by stripping away and replacing the caulking or sealent that has the mold growth.Clean your bathroom with mold killing products like bleach,vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.While using it make sure that you use these products separately because when mixed together they could cause toxic reactions.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top