Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 10:53 PM

Re: Positive Input Ventilation

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh dear...now I'm confused again.

It's called a constant flow vent then? Will have to read up on that Judd, thanks.

Just thought though...does it let in fresh air?

And, you say it's usually for new properties - I've read about those and I'm sure opening windows makes it useless or less efficient?

I've a 60s bungalow T pin not a 70s

Edited to add:

I read up on the NuAire Flatmaster, the one to put on an outside wall for apartments etc....is that the one you meant in your 1st paragraph Judd?
I bet it's about 68/9?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I bet it's about 68/9?
No, it's earlier than that....can't remember without looking it up and I can't be arsed at the mo
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 11:05 PM

Oh right.
I thought it was very early 70s
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Judd
Do you rate them or. Do you think there are better alternatives for a 70s bungalow?

I've installed 3, one of which was in an old stone terrace house. I fitted a humidistat in the bathroom for that one which boosts the fan speed if condensation builds up above a certain level and I'm happy to report that the h/stat hasn't been needed up to press and the condensation problem has disappeared.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh dear...now I'm confused again.

It's called a constant flow vent then? Will have to read up on that Judd, thanks.

Just thought though...does it let in fresh air?

And, you say it's usually for new properties - I've read about those and I'm sure opening windows makes it useless or less efficient?

I've a 60s bungalow T pin not a 70s

Edited to add:

I read up on the NuAire Flatmaster, the one to put on an outside wall for apartments etc....is that the one you meant in your 1st paragraph Judd?
Hi Pesta. No, the one's I use don't let in fresh air, they're mainly for extraction. The one's you are talking about sound more like heat recovery systems where warm moist air is extracted and used to warm up incoming fresh air which is then vented back into the building.

The one's I use are these: https://www.alertelectrical.com/manr...FQMW0wodCjsP5g

Although installed as standard in larger new homes, they can be installed retrospectively in older properties. No need to open a window
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 10:55 AM

Just open some windows ... or is that too easy ?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 11:12 AM

Malcolm's on the right track (for a change).

Although, I realize that cold, bleak, miserable Britain is different from warm, tropical, Pumicestone Passage paradise.

Here, if it's too warm - or even 'hot' - I peel off clothing and open all the windows to let the sea breezes waft through.
Too cool or even cold (rarely), I simply don more warm gear, close the windows a bit and (very rarely) switch on a heater.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2016, 11:16 AM

People dry clothes on the radiators here when the weather's bad .. never open the windows and wonder why they get condensation on the windows and mould growing everywhere.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

14-10-2016, 11:18 AM

she does open windows.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

14-10-2016, 11:27 AM

Pesta, have you used a humidity meter to assess RH levels?

I have one if you want to borrow it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top