Join for free
Page 8 of 36 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:07 PM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No smart meters here , they are a total waste of money

I don't need a meter to tell me when I am using appliances and to turn things off, I can't afford to waste energy.

I already read my own meter every month and submit the reading so my energy supplier gains nothing from my having a meter.

Same here Meg, takes about thirty seconds a month, I dislike the prospect that tariffs could be changed remotely or supply could be restricted, without entering a property.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:33 PM

I too read both of my meters every month and manage the DD from the readings. I have both electric and gas with Scottish Power.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:57 PM

No smart meters here , they are a total waste of money

I don't need a meter to tell me when I am using appliances and to turn things off, I can't afford to waste energy.

I already read my own meter every month and submit the reading so my energy supplier gains nothing from my having a meter.
You are obviously already doing the right things in respect of handling your energy supplier Meg.
Good on you.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks to Realist I decided not to have one installed he told us all the negatives too. I keep refusing from Southern Electric and will keep saying no,.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a good idea.
Are you with British Gas?
Mups I am with OVO still
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:17 PM

Another definite NO here.
When I was first invited to have one, I researched all the pros and cons and disvovered mostly cons, so I ignore the frequent attempts to try to persuade me to have one.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Mups I am with OVO still
Me too!
I think OVO is a great supplier with good prices.
Also we keep our credit topped up to around £1,500.
Because we have been with them for over 3 years we get 5% interest on up to the first £1,000 in the account.
Better than any bank that is!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Me too!
I think OVO is a great supplier with good prices.
Also we keep our credit topped up to around £1,500.
Because we have been with them for over 3 years we get 5% interest on up to the first £1,000 in the account.
Better than any bank that is!
Boozer I have been with them for a few years and get 5% interest on my balance too. I pay the same DD each month so go into the winter with a health balance
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

16-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Boozer I have been with them for a few years and get 5% interest on my balance too. I pay the same DD each month so go into the winter with a health balance
So it is true Meg.
Great minds think alike!

The thing is that if one has over a £1,000 in their account during the whole year then this is worth £50 a year interest.
That is done automatically so this is good.
By the way Meg.
Did you receive the very recent offer for a two year price fix?
I did.
And I have done just that!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 05:34 PM

I have a water meter, which I must admit has saved me a hell of a lot of money, now my water company has informed me that they need to replace it with a SMART water meter, I have two weeks to make a decision before they come knocking on the door.
It looks like failure to update to the new meter means reverting back to an unmetered water supply thus increasing my water bill.

So I am between a rock and a hard place

Page 8 of 36 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top