Join for free
Page 18 of 274 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 05:48 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Cheers buddy...seen anything else you like yet?

I've taken on your idea about adding other images, such as the back sleeve, photos of the band etc on earlier albums, so a little more in the way of interest there hopefully
Definitely Brian Adams although I think my favourites might have been a little later - Summer of 69 - run to him etc.

Yes, I noticed the back cover shot. That takes me back to when buying an album was exciting. A lot of them gave the lyrics which helped with singing along.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Definitely Brian Adams although I think my favourites might have been a little later - Summer of 69 - run to him etc.

Yes, I noticed the back cover shot. That takes me back to when buying an album was exciting. A lot of them gave the lyrics which helped with singing along.
That Bryan Adams album features higher up, Longdogs. A great album but for me his popularity got the better of him after that and his songs ended up very run of the mill

Looking at images again today, I'd love to add some of the inner sleeve info - dialogue, lyrics etc - but I think they would be too small to see on the forum's screen. But maybe some can enlarge them I'll give it a try next time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 06:02 PM

That Bryan Adams album features higher up, Longdogs. A great album but for me his popularity got the better of him after that and his songs ended up very run of the mill

Looking at images again today, I'd love to add some of the inner sleeve info - dialogue, lyrics etc - but I think they would be too small to see on the forum's screen. But maybe some can enlarge them I'll give it a try next time.
I wasn't suggesting you do even more Floydy.

It's a great thread and I'm sure others are enjoying it even if they don't comment.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wasn't suggesting you do even more Floydy.

It's a great thread and I'm sure others are enjoying it even if they don't comment.
Cheers bud
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 01:09 AM

No.912: "Talking Back To The Night" by Steve Winwood (1982)

The Spencer Davis Group's frontman, occasional Eric Clapton sideman, much-in-demand prodeucer/songwriter/vocalist and exceptional Hammond B3 organist, Steve Winwood would also find time to put out many solo albums. This one features this pop classic 'Valerie' amongst other superb soulful tracks.

I like Valerie. It was the first song of that name written.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-01-2018, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I like Valerie. It was the first song of that name written.
Unless you count The Monkees' "Valeri" (different spelling though)
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 08:26 AM

Just playing catch up,some really good stuff on the thread.
I see you mentioned the late great Clifford T Ward sometime ago but still to see an album of his appear on this thread. I know he is not everybody's cup of tea a bit rebellious at times with his wording but the guy had a talent.I guess that came from being a school teacher.
I remember buying his album Home Thoughts From Abroad in the early 70's and again a few times in the following years because everytime my sisters came to visit they would nick them.
I got rid of all my vynl some years ago when I stupidly gave my collection to a guy in Tonbridge around 400 singles and about 120 albums.
Hated myself ever since and also now more so as my grand daughter (18) is into vynl in a big way. Breaks my heart when I think of all the great stuff she could have had .
The prices now for vynl albums is unbeleivable.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2018, 09:20 AM

I know "Rumours" was a mega hit but I prefer the Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham and Nicks.I hope Peter Green is still playing somewhere
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Just playing catch up,some really good stuff on the thread.
I see you mentioned the late great Clifford T Ward sometime ago but still to see an album of his appear on this thread. I know he is not everybody's cup of tea a bit rebellious at times with his wording but the guy had a talent.I guess that came from being a school teacher.
I remember buying his album Home Thoughts From Abroad in the early 70's and again a few times in the following years because everytime my sisters came to visit they would nick them.
I got rid of all my vynl some years ago when I stupidly gave my collection to a guy in Tonbridge around 400 singles and about 120 albums.
Hated myself ever since and also now more so as my grand daughter (18) is into vynl in a big way. Breaks my heart when I think of all the great stuff she could have had .
The prices now for vynl albums is unbeleivable.
Hi Longfellow.
Fear not bud, Clifford T. Ward does indeed feature with the Home Thoughts album later on in my list, whereabouts I'm not too sure without looking but that title track is also one of my favourite tracks of all-time. I wouldn't normally sway away from this list by putting in something out of sequence, but as we're talking about this late great songwriter, I'm happy to make an exception:

On your vinyl story, it's still possible to renew many old classic albums, but I know it's not the same when they should have been your own copies. I did the same thing to make some space years ago, sold nearly all my collection at car boot sales, retaining about 100 favourites and rarities and a bunch of singles. Why oh Why! Luckily, I have replaced most of my favourites either on CDs or by 'dubious means'. Before I got rid of those and hundreds of CDs and tapes though, I spent about two years transferring most of my collection onto MP3 format and today most of my stuff is held on one 2TB external hard drive. It's not the same I know, but I do have everything catalogues alphabetically and I'm able to listen to any recording at the touch of a button. How times change!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

18-01-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I know "Rumours" was a mega hit but I prefer the Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham and Nicks.I hope Peter Green is still playing somewhere
Peter Green was playing live dates with his own 'Splinter Group' for a few years, PSmith, but I haven't seen his name crop up for quite some time now. Hope he's okay.

Much more Fleetwood Mac to come though, both the old blues version and the more recent band

Page 18 of 274 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top