Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Re: Delicate subject - probs with bm's?

Thought I had better take mine UJ as my hair started falling out LOL, allergies mean my diet is not so varied these days.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thought I had better take mine UJ as my hair started falling out LOL, allergies mean my diet is not so varied these days.

Back to eating meat Julie - lots of 'nourishment' and vitamins in that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 12:11 PM

It isn't lack of meat I haven't eaten that in 35 years, it's far more likely my allergies to raw veg and fruit, seeds etc that is causing it. I used to eat a lot of raw foods I just don't dare try them anymore. Couple of years ago when the allergies started I was only safe eating eggs and bread at least I am now able to eat cooked vegetables and cheese etc so a lot more varied than it was.

Also losing weight can cause hair loss and I have got nearly 5 stones off now so that could be doing it too.
zinnia
Wiltshire
zinnia is female  zinnia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 01:53 PM

I cannot take bran as my I.B gets very annoyed but I found milled flax seed - approx. 2 dessertspoons - on my yogurt every day does the trick.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
When I was in hospital after having my daughter, I noticed a few other mothers had dishes of stewed prunes whilst we had Arctic Roll - don't prunes work anymore?
I love prunes, Lidle do some particularly nice tinned ones. Also love rhubarb, plums, and grapefruit, all supposedly helpful in such circumstances.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:26 PM

We used to joke that as far as my mother was concerned, a 'square meal' was actually a round of toast. She would have a cup of tea and slice of bread and butter for breakfast, even for lunch. She would cook a dinner for her husband and my half brother, then have a sandwich herself. And her exercise consisted of going upstairs to bed. I lived a ten minute walk away (and that was at her pace not mine) but if she visited she would ask her hubby to bring her in the car. She constantly complained of constipation, and we would say, "you cannot expect ashes in the grate, if you fail to put fuel on the fire".

Her doctor gave her that gel stuff, and she would take it almost daily, until of course eventually her bowels forgot how to work. Her constant straining caused an abdominal aortic aneurysm which had to be repaired surgically. Because she was also a heavy smoker, the arteries and veins in her one leg were well and truly blocked, and after three return visits to the theatre to try and open them and restore blood supply, she eventually lost her one leg, and ultimately a year later, her life after a massive heart attack.

All because of her unhealthy diet, her lack of exercise and her fags. So be warned.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
All because of her unhealthy diet, her lack of exercise and her fags. So be warned.
Yes indeed. No guarantee living a supposedly healthy lifestyle will stop you suffering from whatever but at least you are giving your body a fighting chance. It ain't rocket science on how to make your body fit and strong, or to work out how to fuel it right too. A lack of fibre is a major concern to me and always has been. Not only are you creating internal problems with a lack of but piles / hemorrhoids are created by straining, or at least made far worse.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top