Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:44 PM

Smombies ( smartphone zombies)

You’ve seen em I bet, people walking around, heads down , looking at their smartphones, engrossed in their daily fix of twitface or similar, oblivious to all around them, including traffic, I’m surprised many aren’t killed or injured on our roads and footpaths, worse still are those that ride bikes with headphones in listening to whatever, depriving themselves of one of their much needed senses , vital on today’s roads, or those that go around the supermarket, headphones in, devoid of any human interaction. Even when they get to the till. not a word said as they hand over their cash to pay for their shopping, sad
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Re: Smombies ( smartphone zombies)

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
You’ve seen em I bet, people walking around, heads down , looking at their smartphones, engrossed in their daily fix of twitface or similar, oblivious to all around them, including traffic, I’m surprised many aren’t killed or injured on our roads and footpaths, worse still are those that ride bikes with headphones in listening to whatever, depriving themselves of one of their much needed senses , vital on today’s roads, or those that go around the supermarket, headphones in, devoid of any human interaction. Even when they get to the till. not a word said as they hand over their cash to pay for their shopping, sad

A lot of 'em don't ride on the road, but the pavement :

As for those with their head up their ass gazing at their phone, I have often told them in a loud voice, "head up, eyes front, look where you're going" !!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:15 PM

I just wonder what the constant bending of head will do to their neck/upper spine.
There will probably be a lot of hunchbacks walking around in the future!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:16 PM

Well spotted Primus. While out running in the bosom of Mother Nature and losing myself amongst the sounds of the country, I occasionally come across runners with headphones/earpieces firmly attached to their noggins. I cast out a hearty 'Good Morning' but am met by a hollow stare and little acknowledgement as they proceed in their cyber world of music, oblivious to the young farmer steaming up behind them in his 4 X 4 or worse still, in his state of the art tractor, usually with a smartphone clamped to his ear as well....

When did music or 'twitface' (love it) become such a necessary item to carry with you while out mingling with society? I much prefer sitting on my sofa with a glass of sherry in my hand (or drumsticks if it's rock and roll) giving the music my full attention.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

When did music or 'twitface' (love it) become such a necessary item to carry with you while out mingling with society? I much prefer sitting on my sofa with a glass of sherry in my hand (or drumsticks if it's rock and roll) giving the music my full attention.
Oh you mean a proper drum stick!
I thought you were talking chicken legs for a second there
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:39 PM

Now, l would have had Foxy down as an ‘air guitarist’ rather than a drummer!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:52 PM

I've noticed people who appear to be either talking to me, an invisible friend or themselves recently.
They appear to have some sort of hands free device for personal use like the car thingys I suppose.
It's quite unsettling when you realise you've been answering them!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:55 PM

Actually, I could use it as an advantage, holding my ear when I am actually talking to myself!
I could swear at people then pretend I am talking to a cold caller!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Ahhh..Sunday...I love this forum, it sometimes reminds me of a nursing home for wee smelling geriatrics, they have had lunch, there is bugger all on the telly, so it’s time to gnash the gums about sumfink...anything will do....

I believe the same things were said about the introduction of tv....and how rock musicians were the spawn of the devil and would destroy the moral fibre of the nation.

‘ Bring back the Puritans, that’s what I say...or the Mormons...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Just watching on the news about the plane that skidded down the embankment. Someone was filming the panic inside the plane as passengers scrambled up a steep incline to get to safety. Forget safety, get your phone out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top