Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 04:12 PM

Re: Not a bad idea.

Depends very much on his deeds and any bylaws, some councils will require planning permission even for a caravan. We used to park ours in my MIL's garden, until she received a letter telling her that and her garden/home was private and had been in their family for generations.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Dont know the circumstances in Ireland Jem - but here planning is a lot more relaxed now .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 07:49 PM

Thanks folks for the advice, I was thinking of having it in the garden looking like the picture above, we have a very high hedge now and it wouldn't be seen from the outside, plus with the weight of the thing it would be less likely to ever blow away in a bad storm, you see the plastic and wooden ones all over the place when a severe storm hits, and you don't want anything too permanent, whoever gets the house after we're gone might want to shift it. I'll check out the permission bit with the council when and if I can get the few quid together, but if there was too much legal hassle about it, forget it, I'm too old for that now.
Reminds me, the wife did a favour for a neighbour many years ago, he had two vans on the road doing some delivery work, our garden at that time was a bit on the wild side to say the least. One of his vans broke down and he asked the missus could he leave it in the side garden until the parts arrived to fix it, he lived up the narrow cul-de-sac and it would be in everyones way, we are at the end of it, she agreed, a year later we had enough money to have the garden done professionally but yermans van was still there and he was in no hurry to move it, fair play to the wife she asked the garden chaps to push it out and leave it outside yermans door, it was the only way to get rid of it, a couple of weeks later the van was towed away by the council as scrap, some of the neighbours had complained about it, I'm sure the bill for that was not light.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Serves him right !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Serves him right !
True Patsy, he had plenty of time and you don't mess with Phyllis, I should know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2013, 08:36 PM

It looks like it may be a bit chilly in this weather!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 09:07 AM

I was thinking it would make a great craft room at the bottom of my garden !
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 07:44 PM

There is a very creative Container Ville in Paris. Has long interlinking balconies with front doors opening on to them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top