Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:35 AM

Re: Lighter mornings and evenings but colder weather

I've decided to embrace the colder weather and longer light - what I don't like is all those days in June when it's bright 'til 11pm or so but gray all day, no sunshine, but not brisk outside either.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This weather is not inconsistent with global warming. As the sea warms up and melts the polar ice cap, it sends vast amounts of cold pure water into the ocean which weakens and even turns off the effects of the North Atlantic drift, allowing colder weather to permeate from the east, precisely that which is happening even now.
Ah Uncle Joe, if predicting the climate were that simple we'd all be climatologists...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:15 AM

Nobody believes the experts anyway. There's too much money invested in industry for it to be acted on. I'm sure if you have enough money you can always fund counter theories and counter studies. I am just sad for my Camelias.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:25 AM

What's wrong with your Camelias? Is it too cold for them?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 11:29 AM

For the last few years one bush has been having brown buds after a sudden late cold spell. But the up and down warm weather encourages them to bud early.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 12:00 PM

I love waking up in the morning with the sun shining through the blinds, it makes me want to get up and get outside for a while. I'm not out there long though.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Nobody believes the experts anyway. There's too much money invested in industry for it to be acted on. I'm sure if you have enough money you can always fund counter theories and counter studies. I am just sad for my Camelias.
Too true Annie, global warming is a multi billion pound business..The truth would only get in the way....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-02-2018, 03:22 PM

I'd love to wake up with the sun shining from behind me through the blinds like you sometimes see in TV programmes.

Sadly though, the ergonomics of my bedroom make this impossible - it faces North East.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-02-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'd love to wake up with the sun shining from behind me through the blinds like you sometimes see in TV programmes.

Sadly though, the ergonomics of my bedroom make this impossible - it faces North East.
Same here Ffosse, bedrooms never get the sun as they also face North East, but the kitchen and lounge get the sun most of the day, much to the delight of Maddie the cat who likes nothing better than stretching out on the lounge carpet...Next to me.....
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This weather is not inconsistent with global warming. As the sea warms up and melts the polar ice cap, it sends vast amounts of cold pure water into the ocean which weakens and even turns off the effects of the North Atlantic drift, allowing colder weather to permeate from the east, precisely that which is happening even now.
In 1947,in 1963 was this even heard of,what about way back in the 1800's when the thames froze over.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top