Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:42 PM

Re: Hairdressers

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a graduated bob my hair is straight, natural not coloured, very thick and with a mind of its own . I bit like me really

My hairdresser gets very cross because I cut it myself instead of going to her more often .

I only ever have a dry trim, I am not paying a fortune for someone to wash and dry my hair.
Meg, sounds very similar to my hair, except that I have coloured mine up to now. I wash my hair and have a dry trim too, £9.95 at my local salon and they do a good job.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Good luck!

With my chemo there was one infusion that stung my arm so badly that they had to slow down the infusion time by about half.
My new IV is over 46 hours, how I shall sleep with a pump attached to me is anybody’s guess!
Val J
East Yorkshire

25-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I echo what others have said and wish you luck with the Chemo Val J...
Thank you Eliza.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Meg, sounds very similar to my hair, except that I have coloured mine up to now. I wash my hair and have a dry trim too, £9.95 at my local salon and they do a good job.
I have a dry cut too, my hairdresser only charges £4 but I always give her £5 and consider it a real bargain!
Val J
East Yorkshire

25-11-2017, 08:54 PM

Gosh, I thought mine was cheap but yours is a real bargain Leia!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 01:04 AM

I am lucky. I have had the same lovely hairdresser & friend for many years.

She used to have a salon in town, but closed it and went back to teaching and assessing the apprentice hairdressers at college.

Then she worked helping cancer patients get the right wigs, but she is a gentle girl, and that got to her after a while, so she gave that up.

Now she comes to my house and does mine for me.
I'd trust her with my life.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 06:33 PM

Good luck Val.

I have always had my hair long down to my waist but now its very short and very wavy.

I only have a Dry Cut/Trim but I just paid £15 for mine. Leia how did you manage to get yours done for £4.00.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 08:58 PM

I’m going to have my six weekly cut and blow tomorrow at a local hairdressers and it will cost me £35.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Good luck Val.

I have always had my hair long down to my waist but now its very short and very wavy.

I only have a Dry Cut/Trim but I just paid £15 for mine. Leia how did you manage to get yours done for £4.00.
I have been going to the same hairdresser for years. £4 is the Senior citizens rate for dry cuts. You can't make an appointment, you just sit and wait your turn. My hair is short but cut in layers and she just gets on and cuts it, I have no complaints.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am lucky. I have had the same lovely hairdresser & friend for many years.

She used to have a salon in town, but closed it and went back to teaching and assessing the apprentice hairdressers at college.

Then she worked helping cancer patients get the right wigs, but she is a gentle girl, and that got to her after a while, so she gave that up.

Now she comes to my house and does mine for me.
I'd trust her with my life.
Mups, l don’t understand you getting someone else to do your hair when you trained as a hairdresser?

I also trained as a hairdresser before l went on to do other things but l still cut my own hair and colour it.
I wouldn’t trust a hairdresser, they cut your hair too short and in the way they want it, not the way you want it!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top