Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:29 PM

Urine Infection

Bad day today,cant stop passing water,lost track of the times Ive 'been' couple of time didnt ' make it' and had to change underwear. I had a urine infection in the week and had a course of antibiotics but I think I missed taking some ,so dont think the infection cleared,looks like back to Doc. next week sometime.I have a Lung Nurse coming to see me Monday about my breathing but doubt she will be able to give much advice on urine infection,but I will ask
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:40 PM

Re: Urine Infection

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Bad day today,cant stop passing water,lost track of the times Ive 'been' couple of time didnt ' make it' and had to change underwear. I had a urine infection in the week and had a course of antibiotics but I think I missed taking some ,so dont think the infection cleared,looks like back to Doc. next week sometime.I have a Lung Nurse coming to see me Monday about my breathing but doubt she will be able to give much advice on urine infection,but I will ask
I'm sure she would Deylon
It's probably all related
Sending hugs to you x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:58 PM

That's miserable deylon, can you get some cranberry juice that can help I find, failing that, no matter how many times you have to go do keep hydrated, that's going to help flush everything through.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:08 PM

Deylon, please make an appointment first thing on Monday, as your comment 'sometime next week' concerned me. A urine infection in older people (and apologies if you are a young 'un) can lead to confusion, etc. Get well soon.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 05:47 AM

How terrible for you - I do hope you feel better soon.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Deylon, please make an appointment first thing on Monday, as your comment 'sometime next week' concerned me. A urine infection in older people (and apologies if you are a young 'un) can lead to confusion, etc. Get well soon.
I agree with Jazzi! My friends dad, who lived alone, was taken into hospital, owing to his confusion when he had a urine infection.....so please mention it asap to any doctor or nurse. You can't always manage things on you own, so seek help. Perhaps you didn't take all you antibiotic, because you were a little confused but didn't realize it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->

This is so true about causing confusion.
I saw it loads of times with my Mum, and also to elderly ladies where I used to work.
As Jazzi & Twink have said, please don't leave it Deylon, you need to get it sorted a.s.a.p.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:00 PM

A urine infection can be cleared up over night by simply taking some Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) in water or juice.
It really is that quick.

The same is true for ladies suffering cystitis, GSE knocks it into touch overnight.

Taking antibiotics for a urine infection is pretty extreme but some people can't eat grapefruits (if they are on statins etc) so understandable.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 12:46 PM

I just read up about the alleged properties of grapefruit seed extract to fight urinary infections .
Not something you'd have to hand tho ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I just read up about the alleged properties of grapefruit seed extract to fight urinary infections .
Not something you'd have to hand tho ?
I use this one, buy it online, 8 drops in a glass of water first thing

https://www.highernature.co.uk/Produ...oaAgStEALw_wcB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top