Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 09:04 AM

Baxi Bermuda Fire Won't Light!

Just can't get the front fire to ignite. I think it needs a good clean as I haven't bothered to get it serviced for a while. If I could figure out how to remove the wooden surround I would give a good suck with a vac. Failing that I will have to call out a gas engineer.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Re: Baxi Bermuda Fire Won't Light!

I have one of those Mark and I have the fire and back-boiler serviced every second year. What I've found does happen is that the sparking plug (for want of a better word) needs replacing fairly frequently, it certainly has in my case. In fact I finished up buying one of those hand-held liquid gas powered lighters for those times the electronic ignition doesn't work.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I have one of those Mark and I have the fire and back-boiler serviced every second year. What I've found does happen is that the sparking plug (for want of a better word) needs replacing fairly frequently, it certainly has in my case. In fact I finished up buying one of those hand-held liquid gas powered lighters for those times the electronic ignition doesn't work.
I was thinking along those lines but I can't really see where I could place the lighter as the only removable part is the lower panel.

I have found online servicing and repair instructions so I think I can now remove the wood surround and take a close look.

It does look like the ignition side of things is faulty as I can hear the gas flowing when I turn the fire up to the high setting.

Baxi Bermuda GF3/LFE5 Super Manual
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Don't mess about with it Mark.
The few pounds it will cost to have it serviced by a Gas Safe engineer, (used to be Corgi) will give you peace of mind.
It will be well worth the money.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Look out!

It's gonna blow!

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2014, 10:47 AM

Can't figure out how to get the damn control knob off anyway. Push fit?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 10:49 AM

Don't hit it with a hammer
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2014, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Don't hit it with a hammer
Can't get at it to hit it with anything. Tempted to pull really hard but that don't seem right. Must be a spring or something holding it on. Can't see a screw anywhere.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Yes, it's a 'push fit' ... hard to get off but easy to put back on.

Stop messing ... get an engineer!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Yes, it's a 'push fit' ... hard to get off but easy to put back on.

Stop messing ... get an engineer!
Ooo ... push fit eh.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top