Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 07:57 PM

Do you panic if you find an ant indoors?

Just had one in my kitchen a short while ago, just as I was dishing up my dinner. Grabbed a piece of kitchen paper and squished it.

I then got my insect spray out. I have had episodes before where I've had swarms inside, once in the kitchen in the evening, and one night all over my bedroom floor!!! I now keep powder and spray indoors and apply liberally.

I hate them.
emcee61
hants UK
emcee61 is male  emcee61 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 08:44 PM

Re: Do you panic if you find an ant indoors?

We have them already at work on our table in the tea/coffee shed , I ant powdered the area before more come to get the sugar.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 08:44 PM

I hate them meself, we had a hole in the concrete at the front door a few years ago and ants started to come out of it, Phillis nearly had a seizure, I got some diluted sulphuric acid from the shed and poured it down the hole, that was the last I saw of them, but don't try that in the home.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 08:56 PM

You realize, when you squish one it sends out a distress signal to it's friends that says, "come help me!"...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 09:02 PM

I get lots of the little devils in my garden, farming the aphids for their milk. Sometimes some come in the kitchen but a spot or two of Nippon seems to get rid of them.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
You realize, when you squish one it sends out a distress signal to it's friends that says, "come help me!"...
That is true Twizard...just like when you kill a wasp and all it's 'friends' come to the funeral....its the pheromones.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 09:34 PM

As I live in a wooden house I only worry about white ants. I get the house checked every few years.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:01 PM

I get tiny black ants, and they bite. THOUSANDS of them,
I Squish them, Spray them, Use Ant Rid but they still keep coming.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:10 PM

We never use pesticides because of the dogs but ants won't cross a line of talcum powder when some one told us that a few years ago we gave it a try expecting it not to work and were amazed when it did ! Have to apply after rain each time but at least it isn't killing anything.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We never use pesticides because of the dogs but ants won't cross a line of talcum powder when some one told us that a few years ago we gave it a try expecting it not to work and were amazed when it did ! Have to apply after rain each time but at least it isn't killing anything.
That is true - they also won't cross baking powder, but talcum is cheaper and it smells better!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top