Join for free
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 10:11 PM

Carpet Cleaning

Was doing my daily hoovering (dog hairs and more dog hairs!) and decided my carpets need cleaning. Just wondered if anyone had ever used the 'Rug Doctor' as seen on T.V. for shampooing your carpets. I know you can hire them-but if any of you have used one-what did you think? Don't want to waste my money if they don't do the job they say they do.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Re: Carpet Cleaning

Sorry, I haven't used one. For the cost and the mess and the lifting of furniture, I found it more cost effective to get a firm in to do the job.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 10:21 PM

I hired one from the local DIY store, and must say very impressed with the results, they really do work........
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Sorry, I haven't used one. For the cost and the mess and the lifting of furniture, I found it more cost effective to get a firm in to do the job.
Never thought of that angieh- although I do like doing jobs myself where I can-live in a bungalow so only 3 rooms with carpets to do-bit of a minimalist as well so don't have much to move around-thanks for reply though x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

11-08-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
I hired one from the local DIY store, and must say very impressed with the results, they really do work........
Thanks for reply Moli-sounds good to me-going to look into it-cost..etc x
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2009, 11:15 PM

From what I've heard the rug doctor is a fantastic cleaner I was going to rent one, but then decided to change the carpet x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2009, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Was doing my daily hoovering (dog hairs and more dog hairs!) and decided my carpets need cleaning. Just wondered if anyone had ever used the 'Rug Doctor' as seen on T.V. for shampooing your carpets. I know you can hire them-but if any of you have used one-what did you think? Don't want to waste my money if they don't do the job they say they do.
Hi Merz I hired one a couple of years ago and was pleased with the results . Quite hard work manoeuvring it about though and getting it upstairs
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

12-08-2009, 10:17 PM

Thanks for your replies guys-think I'm going to go for it as sounds from what you say really good. D.I.Y store here I come
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2009, 08:20 PM

They're pretty good - but agree with the others, it's hard work!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top