Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 01:06 PM

£ a day challenge

Well people don't forget the £ a day challenge...still time to catch up in effect if have a £10 to put in your pot. That puts you level. It really does help and surprising how you can put a £ aside.....easily you can spend that or break it with a morning papaer or packet of crisps.
That mean £300+ by next Christmas or for whatever......the sooner you start the quicker you get into the habit.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 03:48 PM

Re: £ a day challenge

Excellent idea Kazz!

A £ doesn't seem much at the time but how nice it will be to have £300+ in your kitty next December
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Or if you are lazy you can open a new bank account and set-up up a transfer so that £30 gets put into it from your normal bank account every month
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Or if you are lazy you can open a new bank account and set-up up a transfer so that £30 gets put into it from your normal bank account every month
That does not seem the same somehow.....I have a huge bottle and am going to join Kazz with a pound a day this year....
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Azz that would work but you see it and thenthink about it when the £ a day you do not notice.
Maybe its a gender thing....looking after the pennies......

But I will tell you whats a not bad idea either is I round up the shopping amount ie if shopping comes to £26 I round up to £30 when in sainsburys and put the £4 on their "gift card" you can add any amount to the card you carry the top up bit with you and the bit of the card you need to spend it is safe in the house. You can add up to £750 to one card......I ended up with £312 on mine this year....but just rounding up when I had the spare change/ cash.You can add anything from a £1 upwards. You get a balance everytime you top up too. I choose Sainsburys for this because this is where I mainly shop. You don't have to spend the card all in one time and no use by date.Then with the loyalty nectar card from them I ended up with £160 on that too. You get nectar points on every top up too .Surprising how the £1.27 add up throughout the year. Sure you can do the same Asda and Tesco's etc etc
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 04:23 PM

I'm a Sainsbury shopper too Kazz ....... not sure what you mean by "their "gift card&quot"
Kazz
West Mids

10-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Sorry Mags was I not clear....whe you stand at the checkouts they have "gift cards" or ask at customer service...you can preload with money and give to people I assume was there idea some are pre set amounts but some (one with cat on) are ones youcan put as little as a £1 on and then add with from £1 upwards anytime you like I choose a nice picture one (this year a cat) and it can have any value up to £750 on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

10-01-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Sorry Mags was I not clear....whe you stand at the checkouts they have "gift cards" or ask at customer service...you can preload with money and give to people I assume was there idea some are pre set amounts but some (one with cat on) are ones youcan put as little as a £1 on and then add with from £1 upwards anytime you like I choose a nice picture one (this year a cat) and it can have any value up to £750 on.
Ahh...I see So do you use the cards to save for yourself or to give as gifts?
Kazz
West Mids

10-01-2010, 05:24 PM

I save for myself intialy but ususally end up giving a good amount away to my sister mostly......
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 06:15 PM

..some of us don't use cash any more

Buy almost everything on a card these days - It's also a lot easier to track spending via a credit card receipt/bank statement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top