Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 10:24 PM

Re: House Sale & Move, 2nd attempt!

Congratulations Steve, I hope everything goes smoothly and you and your wife will be very happy in your new home.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 08:29 AM

Well done !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 02:58 PM

Good luck, stevmk2. I hope the transition is as stress-free as it can be.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Good luck, stevmk2. I hope the transition is as stress-free as it can be.
Some hopes orangutan!

Couldn't sleep last night because all sorts of things were going through my head!

How do you fit the contents of a 3-bed house into a 2-bed house - you don't of course and the vendors are leaving things that make our own redundant!

We already realise we cannot fit three beds in or three wardrobes and five chests of drawers and all sorts of accumulated clutter we kept "just in case" but luckily all of it is actually quite old and in some cases probably won't withstand another move so some is going to the tip.

Our fridge freezer a problem, so's the washing machine and our tumble drier as this new house has all sorts, including a dishwasher and it's staying 'cos it's fitted to that kitchen - getting it all out would ruin all that refurbishment.

Both of the bedrooms are big though and can take a double bed in the smallest room and our 5 footer in the bigger room but we have problems with our lounge furniture as we have 3 IKEA shelving units, complete with boxes that won't fit in the new house's lounge as it's standard size - ours here is two rooms knocked into one!

Anyway, we are starting all the work now and may have to ditch some of our stuff but if there's no room it'll have to go!
stevmk2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Some hopes orangutan!

Couldn't sleep last night because all sorts of things were going through my head!

How do you fit the contents of a 3-bed house into a 2-bed house - you don't of course and the vendors are leaving things that make our own redundant!

We already realise we cannot fit three beds in or three wardrobes and five chests of drawers and all sorts of accumulated clutter we kept "just in case" but luckily all of it is actually quite old and in some cases probably won't withstand another move so some is going to the tip.

Our fridge freezer a problem, so's the washing machine and our tumble drier as this new house has all sorts, including a dishwasher and it's staying 'cos it's fitted to that kitchen - getting it all out would ruin all that refurbishment.

Both of the bedrooms are big though and can take a double bed in the smallest room and our 5 footer in the bigger room but we have problems with our lounge furniture as we have 3 IKEA shelving units, complete with boxes that won't fit in the new house's lounge as it's standard size - ours here is two rooms knocked into one!

Anyway, we are starting all the work now and may have to ditch some of our stuff but if there's no room it'll have to go!
stevmk2
That's why I said 'as stress-free as it can be'. It's always going to be stressful. Just been there, and got rid of a lot of stuff, and still getting rid of more. Still have a surplus washing machine, but I might have a taker for that tomorrow. Actually I have found getting rid of stuff rather therapeutic. Hope you might too!

You can't do everything yesterday, so one step at a time.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Very VERY angry today!

We had a quote from Premier Solicitors for what we thought was the total costs of our move - it even said TOTAL!

Today, going onto the bastards' website, we found that the "estimate" was bollocks and they want £2000 more!

We put in a bid for the house on the understanding that we had our costs covered, after withdrawing £8,000 for that purpose, from our savings.

Now we have made an offer, which has been accepted, on the assumption that our total costs were £8000 only to find they are £2000 more for the Solicitors so we are effectively £2000 short!

My wife's in tears and I don't know what we do now 'cos we have misunderstood the fact that the Solicitors have put TOTAL costs yet produced a Buying and Selling quotation, the 2nd of which they didn't bother to send us!

I've sent an email to them but my wife was on the 'phone for an hour too and although the bint she spoke to said there seemed to be an error, that won't come through on any kind of explanatory letter.

My wife's in tears again - we've spent £200 on new stuff for house today and have another £200 yet to pay-out to collect what we have ordered online.

What's really sad is that today we treated ourselves to a meal out too and had such a nice day and all this has descended upon us.

My wife's saying withdraw our offer now. stevmk2

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top