Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 09:30 PM

Re: Do you check your bank accounts regularly?

PS

This thread went off topic very fast
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 09:52 PM

Back on topic - I check mine regularly just to make sure I haven't been robbed as happened once. Not a nice feeling..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Back on topic - I check mine regularly just to make sure I haven't been robbed as happened once. Not a nice feeling..

The same happened to a friend of mine, cranberry. She checks hers daily now.
She said they started by taking tiny amounts to test the water and see if it was noticed, before they went for more.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I remember premium bonds--every two years I get £25. The odds are as silly as the new lottery.
No they're far better.
For every pound you invest in PBs there is a one in 26,000 chance of a win..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The same happened to a friend of mine, cranberry. She checks hers daily now.
She said they started by taking tiny amounts to test the water and see if it was noticed, before they went for more.
You never get your confidence back, Mups, I was so upset, I'm never even overdrawn and they'd cleared out my current account when we were away in France.
Apparently, they tried earlier in the day and failed but tried again later and were successful..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2016, 10:37 PM

You never get your confidence back, Mups, I was so upset, I'm never even overdrawn and they'd cleared out my current account when we were away in France.
Apparently, they tried earlier in the day and failed but tried again later and were successful..

Swines, aren't they. I can understand you being upset, so would I have been.
I had my bag stolen a couple of years ago, and they got my purse with all my cards in it, plus some cash I had just withdrawn for my Mum.
The bank's fraud people told me within 3 minutes they had tried it in a nearby cash machine, but thank God they kept getting 1 digit of my pin wrong, thank goodness.
cranberry
Notts, UK

19-02-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Swines, aren't they. I can understand you being upset, so would I have been.
I had my bag stolen a couple of years ago, and they got my purse with all my cards in it, plus some cash I had just withdrawn for my Mum.
The bank's fraud people told me within 3 minutes they had tried it in a nearby cash machine, but thank God they kept getting 1 digit of my pin wrong, thank goodness.
You just can't describe the sick feeling and rising panic, can you? the scumbags!!
I hate, with a passion, thieves and liars...
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:39 PM

I check my account online every day or two. I have had my bank card cloned a few times (not from online purchases I might add) and each time, the bank spotted the unusual activity within hours if not minutes of it happening, and blocked the account pending checking with me. I have every confidence in them, and they have reimbursed the money promptly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 02:49 PM

For that reason one should never keep very much in a current account.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
For that reason one should never keep very much in a current account.

Yes, I agree Muddy.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top