Join for free
Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 08:37 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 2)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I've been asked to let out my mate's trousers for his wedding suit.
He rang me today to ask how I'm doing,as the wedding's this w/e.

I told him I've been making huge strides......
And what steps is he taking?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I hate missed opportunities, I could have been retired now in the lap of luxury, if I had followed up my business idea, selling Gaffer Tape to the Boffins at the LHC.
That’s like my great uncle Dave who emigrated to America in the 1800’s, he made a nice little bundle selling smokeless fuel to red indians who weren’t talking to each other.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 08:55 PM

The green door was intended as a play on words & was actually based on a short story by HG Wells.
Wells was famous for the TIME MACHINE, WAR OF THE WORLDS but many other facets of his work have been neglected.
THE DOOR IN THE WALL has fascinated me all of my adult life.
“behold! there was my long white wall and the green door that led to the enchanted garden”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-06-2015, 09:16 PM

The time machine was my favourite Wells work.
Do you remember these famous doors.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 09:25 PM

de lorian?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-06-2015, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
de lorian?
Bang on, God bless your good memory RJ, John DeLorean and didn’t he take the taxpayer for a ride. I believe the cars are worth a fortune now, I love those doors but I'd sooner have Diana Dors, do they make Diana Doors?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2015, 10:32 PM

Hmmmm
Diana Dors
real name -Mary Fluck

Rock Hudson
real name- Roy Scherer

Marilyn Monroe
real name- Norma Baker

Old grey fox
real name- Bob

Robert Junior
real name Robert
( but called SHaddup until school years)
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2015, 10:49 PM

Can't or won't, which is it?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You’ll never run out of idea’s RJ, the very fact that you think you have is proof in itself, you see a blank wall in your mind, then you begin to wonder what’s behind it, (Your Green Door perhaps?) it could be anything your imagination lets it be, and then you’re off again, what a wonderful tool the human brain is, if it’s not a divine soul in itself then I’ll eat my hat.
I have often considered how I would spend fifteen years in solitary confinement, say like Steve McQueen in Papillon?, or the old prisoner in The count of Monte Christo nothing to read or watch only your own mind for amusement, quite challenging don’t you think, it would take a good strong mind to come out of it sane, you wouldn’t want to be the type who gets bored easily would you?
alternatively of course - buddhist meditation in particular practices the skill of emptying the mind - one small bucket is enough - you sit crossed legged ideally and just 'watch' you breathing as it passes in and out of your nostrils. as thoughts intrude into your mind you are aware of them [of course] but just let them float away. Sounds deceptively simple but tis not.

the buddhist monks call this constant activity of the mind "the chattering of the monkeys"

now you wouldn't appreciate a troup of baboons chattering away in ya mind now would ya?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2015, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
And what steps is he taking?
would suggest a small aluminum set myself, particularly if the bride is so much taller

Page 2 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top