Join for free
Page 3 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 05:03 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 3)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Only the boys got walloped Solo, because they were not made from sugar and spice and all things nice.

You mentioned canonise in another thread Gumbud.

The Girl with the Cannon Eyes (or Gumbuds first bird)

She was an exceptional beauty, more than you could realise
Everything was perfect about her bar her cannon eyes
He took her to the pictures and for long country walks
She was very keen on nature, and her eyes stuck out on stalks
She spoke good English with a slight Australian twang
And when she looked at Gumbud his heart let out a bang
She was a model, always ready to do some shooting
Posing came natural to her as she was born in Tooting
She was well paid for her work, in fact she was loaded
Until she had a row with Gumbud and the whole romance exploded.
I like that Jem. Did you know that if you broke your doll in the old days, it was taken to the Dolls Hospital for repair (no wasting money in those days).

Once you had been taken through the front door clutching your injured doll a terrifying sight awaited you. Arms, legs and torsos hanging from every beam. Heads of every shape and size swaying to and fro and then just to add to your increasing terror there were boxes of EYES staring at you.

By this time you just wanted to dump dolly and run out screaming. I still have nightmares about leaving my doll behind

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I like that one solo.
My favourite ‘Ollie’ is buried over here in county Cork, Oliver Reed, what a character, a real man if ever there was one, God be good to him.
Oliver Reed was indeed a one off, so was his mentor, the director Ken Russell.
BY a quirk of fate my mother happened to have been a life long friend of Mr Russell.

The day my mother died we were about to ring him to say his friend, my mother had died, but didn't ring in the event because he had passed on the same day. What a strange coincidence
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2015, 09:00 PM

Going back to Oliver Reed (ROBERT Oliver Reed) He had a glittering film career and can be forgiven for his drunken antics on tv.
My favourite film staring Ollie is "I'l never forget Whatsisname", a little remembered film.
Unfortunately infamous as the first mainstream film to contain the word "fcuk".
A gem of a film co-starring a host of actors with familiar
faces which you can't put a name to as well as the mars bar lady Marianne Faithfull aka Baroness Sacher-Masoch.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:41 AM

I met Oliver Reed once,in a recording studio. I was just doing session work,with a [at the time] well-regarded prog-rock group. [Long forgotten now,but that's a different story] He was a friend of the group,the drummer in particular,and they were heading off to the bright lights,post recording session. As I was in a soundproofed booth,wearing 'phones,he knocked on the glass to get my attention...which brought the session to a fast halt AND meant scrapping that track recording and going again...but he was really pleasant,polite,and surprisingly well-spoken. I did actually ask him about his wild man' persona,as he seemed such a decent cove-and his answer was "Don't believe things just because they're true-well,on camera,anyway"....and I just can't find fault with that sentiment...
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 09:38 AM

RJ and Pugs.. I leave Ollie to explain....Enjoy

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 10:50 AM

Hmm....seems he's keeping us in the dark,hon.....
solo
UK

28-09-2015, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Hmm....seems he's keeping us in the dark,hon.....

Talking of the dark...I don't understand how clowns are supposed to make you feel better when they are so scary!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 12:01 PM

I hate Circus’s and I especially hate Clowns, anyone with a false smile on their face makes me suspicious, there’s always something they are hiding behind it, remember smiling Ted Bundy and more recently Jimmy Saville. Yes keep your eye on the false smilers.

Now there's a scary smile if ever there was one. (shudder)
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

28-09-2015, 04:46 PM

Ummm....I was taken to the circus,totally unexpectedly,on my 60th birthday...

.....where I had my photo taken with Spiderman.....

I know,I know - SHUTTUP.
solo
UK

28-09-2015, 05:23 PM

The happiest people with the biggest smiles are sometimes the best actors

Page 3 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top