Join for free
Page 357 of 1676 « First < 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 857 1357 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

you meant "does it arc" - yes I meant "does it arc" "does it arc" "does it arc"
"does it arc" this could arc on for ever or maybe is that the ark? the ark that arked all arks?? or hark I see a arc upon the ark?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 08:09 PM

ii got to thinking recently about all the great actors who tried to sing and all the good singers who tried to act?

John Wayne ;Gregory Peck ;Humphrey Bogart; Liz Taylor; Anthony Hopkins; you get the idea and then there were the singers who thought they could act - Elvis must have been the biggest flop - followed by cliff richards and then rubber lips mick jagger and the beatles of course;; frank sinatra - there were a few exceptions like deano who could do both well it would seem it's best that they stick to what they are best at but they never learn do they,
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
ii got to thinking recently about all the great actors who tried to sing and all the good singers who tried to act?

John Wayne ;Gregory Peck ;Humphrey Bogart; Liz Taylor; Anthony Hopkins; you get the idea and then there were the singers who thought they could act - Elvis must have been the biggest flop - followed by cliff richards and then rubber lips mick jagger and the beatles of course;; frank sinatra - there were a few exceptions like deano who could do both well it would seem it's best that they stick to what they are best at but they never learn do they,
And then there was FLORENCE FOSTER JENKYNS what a luvvy
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 09:10 PM

Post removed..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 09:27 PM

I am a great fan of Dean Martin Gummy, probably would have been a fan of Dean Swift had I been around in his time, I believe he was a great singer at dinner parties, as was James Joyce.
I had to laugh when I read what the Dean said to one lady, he was in deep thought at the table after dinner and the woman opposite him said “A penny for your thoughts Dean?” He looked at her with a frown “They’re not worth a farthing my dear… I was thinking of you.
Speaking of chancer singers, what did you make of Lee Marvin singing “I was born under a wandering star” it made number 1, if that could make no.1 then there's hope for us all.
Don’t get me wrong I love his acting, but his singing leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Well that’s all the work wrapped up for this year, greased all me tools, covered all me little machines, and washed me hands of work, the shed is now well and truly locked up for the rest of the Winter.
On Wednesday I go to collect the fruits of my labour and a jolly good piss up with some of my old workmates is on the cards, meanwhile I’m getting into training for it by sprawling meself out in the armchair by the fire and lowering a few glasses of port, cheers to ye all!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 10:03 PM

Toofings-bofe of witch arrrh uninrestinn butchool gettum ennyway...
1/muy spelchekkur's stopt wurkinn
anne
2/Eye'm mannergin wivvartitt.

Sew,moovin on-I once drove Adam Faith's Rolls Royce home f'rim wenee got a tad ott in the village pub v closta where my sister usta live.
They were naybuhs like ennywun else-AF didn't do the "Juno hoo Iyam?" thing. A decent cove-respec'.
ANORLSO...speekin ov actors hoo tryta sing-ennywunn remebmer Telly Savalas's attempt to sing 'If'??? Memrable-thassorl I'm sain...

Oh-an' Jem - I'm now stuck wivva nimmage of you 'greasing yer tool'!!!!!

HO,HO,HO...[buggah thiss spelchekkah!!!!!]
Robert Jnr.
UK

20-11-2017, 10:59 PM

Pug, we must have the same spellchecker. strangely enough I can understand every word
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 11:42 PM

Nothing further to add, "M'lud".
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

21-11-2017, 12:52 AM

Atishoo ! begin ya pardin - must be some of that grease splashin about.

reminds me true story: I was on observatory practice once at a sex clinic [can't remember the official name no more!] when a huge six foot six west indian guy comes in worried about what he might have picked up from 'won of may womans'

OK says the head nurse get it out let's have a look -the west indian just stands there dumbfounded

get it out says the nurse - ya cock - I need to inspect it

well mon we all nearly fainted it was a monster

where's the discharge says the nurse and it was then it started:

de mon started shakin it all aboot and there was discharge flying everywhere

stop stop says the nurse - I only wanted a drop for this slide - you've now infected the whole bloody clinic. we spent the rest of the morning cleaning and disinfecting!! true cross me heart and I am still alive!!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 11:41 AM

Ah yes, good ole spill chequer and its brother, auto carrot. Wonder-fall in-vent-shuns. How wood we menagerie without them?

Page 357 of 1676 « First < 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 367 407 457 857 1357 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top