Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Re: How tidy are your drawers?

Well they're still tidy

I made a start on my cupboard yesterday, it's now empty with all the clothes I hadn't worn for ages in the wash - all antibacterial sprayed and everything too!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 04:41 PM

With a view to us eventually moving house and downsizing I have been going through our belongings and getting rid of all the things we aren't going to use again, which is one heck of a lot of stuff! The charity shops must groan when they see me hove into view! I am not in the least bit sentimental about possessions and if we don't use them, out they go, even stuff we have had for many years. Mind you, I do have to be a bit careful my husband doesn't see what I am getting rid of, or back it will all come! The children have had some of the best stuff of course, but even they have said, they don't want anymore of our belongings. I am not a great one for jewellery (where the heck is my engagement ring?) but I have some quality pieces and I hope to pass most of it on to my only granddaughter, unfortunately she is only 2 and my youngest daughter doesn't want it in her care until she is older!

I have been going through our clothes too. I have a rule of thumb, if they haven't been worn in five years, out they go as they aren't likely to be worn again.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Well they're still tidy

I made a start on my cupboard yesterday, it's now empty with all the clothes I hadn't worn for ages in the wash - all antibacterial sprayed and everything too!
You can overdo things you know Azz and you can get help for your condition as long as you don't leave it too late - Antibaterial spray - wots that ?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 06:37 PM

Good luck with the clean out Qetta! I think I will adopt your rule too - out if not used in the last 5 years!

Aerolor - don't ask! LOL I have a thing about germs - I even hate touching the trolley handles in the supermarkets. Great thing about the winter, you can wear gloves while shopping
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 08:44 PM

Azz, you should come here: all the supermarkets have sani-wipe dispensers so you can wipe off the trolley handles! I do, every trip, often take an extra on leaving so I can wipe the poles on the bus too!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Azz, you should come here: all the supermarkets have sani-wipe dispensers so you can wipe off the trolley handles! I do, every trip, often take an extra on leaving so I can wipe the poles on the bus too!
I think I must be an unhygienic slob - I never think about that, unless a trolley is obviously mucky and then I choose another one. The only thing I do is to put a couple of napkins on the table when I eat in McDonalds or anywhere like that, but its only because they don't give plates and the tables are not always wiped quick enough.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Another source of germs is the handrail on an escalator, I rarely hold onto it with my hand - I usually just lean my arm against it ....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

18-09-2010, 10:47 PM

Aarrgh - are you tring to worry me. I was carefree about such things until tonight
Just a thought - I know many folks have dogs - do you think dogs carry a lot of germs as well
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

18-09-2010, 10:57 PM

That sounds cool DM!
Mags - I do the same
Lol Aerolor - dogs germs don't cross to our species
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Another source of germs is the handrail on an escalator, I rarely hold onto it with my hand - I usually just lean my arm against it ....
Oh yes, I do that too, Mags! But our new Safeway supermarket has a sani-wipe downstairs in front of the escalator (store is 2nd floor), so I wipe where I put my hand on it. No such luck with the subway escalators ...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top