Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:14 PM

Day to Day food

Hi all.

Do you get fed up with eating the same food every week? Day to Day lunches/dinners etc.

I need a change, something different to eat, but no matter what Supermarket you go to, its just the same boring meat.

What's your opinion on this?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:16 PM

Re: Day to Day food

Mrs LDs is vegetarian and I tend to eat the same food as it's easier for me to cook. Yes, it does get very boring sometimes. I try to be as creative as I possibly can but I am running out of ideas.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:19 PM

mmm, looks like me need some suggestions or ideas on here.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:26 PM

Food is NEVER boring, just add different spices or herbs to the dish to give it a different flavour.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

07-01-2018, 04:30 PM

I do UJ, I use a lot of herbs and spices.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I do UJ, I use a lot of herbs and spices.

There is a world of difference between a Passanda and a Phaal.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:34 PM

I tend to get bored with my staple of recipes and rotate them often. I haven't made beef stroganoff in a while but am cooking it tonight now that I've got some mushrooms.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 04:51 PM

There is so much variety in what we can buy, cook and eat. I think the problem lies with us being a little set in our ways when it comes to shopping; we generally pick out the groceries we are used to and stick with those.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 05:10 PM

Totally bored with food. I eat very little meat which consists only of chicken or minced beef as a rule. No pork, lamb, for ethical reasons only, but the pork gives so many varieties and nearly all pre-made meals in the supermarkets have pork of some description in them.

I must admit today I had my grandchildren and as they like their sausages, I did toad in the hole for them. They loved it.

Corned beef hash is another they enjoy. Both easy to do.

Mostly I do vegetables such as peppers, onions ,mushrooms etc and serve them mixed with rice , or fried eggs on toast with a tin of tomatoes and mushrooms, or cheese omelettes or salmon steaks with mashed potatoes and peas. Simple meals, tasty but boring.!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2018, 05:18 PM

I am about to try and change my diet to reflect my health concerns, adding in foods that improve some of the conditions have. Changing will be hard as i like what i eat. I agree with UJ, plenty herbs and spices can dramatically change a dish to keep it tasty

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top