Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 08:27 AM

Re: Cheese & Biscuits

No wonder the NHS is creaking at the seams if people just carry on eating themselves to ill health.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 07:08 PM

Hope you have a nice Stilton there Joe

I finally opened the Christmas Stilton last week, lidls Delux, and it has to be one of the nicest I've ever tasted. I'm cooking steak for tea tonight and I'm going to top them with the Stilton

No port, it's dry January
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 07:19 PM

Enjoy Joe and save some for another day.

Can someone explain to me when exactly is "Tea" is that equivalent to the North American dinner time?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Hope you have a nice Stilton there Joe

I finally opened the Christmas Stilton last week, lidls Delux, and it has to be one of the nicest I've ever tasted. I'm cooking steak for tea tonight and I'm going to top them with the Stilton

No port, it's dry January
Yum, me too Missy, I had a Cheese Selection Gift Box for Christmas and it has been languishing in the fridge because I had bought loads of cheese in.

One of the most delicious in that box was a Wensleydale with Cranberries and Blueberries. Unfortunately, being on Warfarin, Cranberries are a definite no, no, so I just had a sliver after quadruple checking that there wasn't even a smidging of cranberry in it. It went lovely with my Carrs Cheese Melts biccies.

Bruce - good on you.

UJ - You are naughty, but if taken in moderation, what the hell.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->

Can someone explain to me when exactly is "Tea" is that equivalent to the North American dinner time?
Hmmmm

Easier said then done that

When I was a child, it was breakfast, dinner and tea

Then I started work and it became breakfast , lunch and dinner

Now I've moved to a different part of the country, I'm on breakfast, lunch and tea

Just to add even more confusion, if I eat out in the evening before 7pm, I'm offered the tea time menu, after 7pm, it's the dinner menu

So tea is an evening meal, but lots call it dinner

Then we have afternoon tea. That's sandwiches and cakes and scones, served with lots of drinking tea. That usually taken mid afternoon

Then some places have high tea. That would be a small hot meal, followed by lots of cake. That would be served around 5pm

Then if you weren't full from all those choices, there's supper
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->

Some of us have kept the old traditions of our youth. What we now call lunch, was, back in the 1950s often referred to as dinner, as this was the main meal of the day. I still have my 'dinner' at lunch time. 'Tea' is the evening meal, circa 5.00 - 6.00 which normally consists of rounds of sandwiches (sarnies) and perhaps biscuits or cake to round it off.

Hope this clarifies things for you Lee darlin'.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top