Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Re: Investors Wanted

Originally Posted by galty ->
I suppose that if an employer was sent by the dole office an unskilled unproven "worker" and also a Skilled man with a proven work record, it would be a joke if that employer hired the unskilled worker.
I once got turned down a job because ' I was over qualified ' !! they thought that I was just using the vacancy as a stepping stone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I once got turned down a job because ' I was over qualified ' !! they thought that I was just using the vacancy as a stepping stone.
Yes, has happened to me too AB
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I have been in that situation and I was going to use the job as a stepping stone. In truth weren't you AB ?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I have been in that situation and I was going to use the job as a stepping stone. In truth weren't you AB ?
Thruthfully NO.

I had just completed a two year part time course on H & S and was seriously thinking of moving out of engineering and into H & S.
The position was for a H & S auditor but because of my qualifications in engineering they did not see it that way.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top