Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 05:06 PM

Replacement Nespresso pods

Now that other companies are allowed to reproduce pods for the Nespresso machines there seems to be a lot of choice in the supermarkets. Strangely, Nespresso themselves still refuse to sell in supermarkets and sell online only (plus a few 'boutiques').

I do like Nespresso coffee but I don't think they reward customers enough who make repeat orders.

I have been experimenting with various brands and tbh, most of them are horrible but one make that stands out is Taylors Rich Italian blend 8 which is very similar to the blue Nespresso pod (vivalto Lungo - which seems to be the one that everyone settles for after trying all the others).

They cost £3 for ten capsules and of course there's no delivery to pay.

Do any of you use the Nespresso machine and have you found any suitable replacements?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 05:41 PM

Re: Replacement Nespresso pods

I'm a Dolce Gusto girl myself
And simply nothing else will do!
(Raises pinky as she sips )
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm a Dolce Gusto girl myself
And simply nothing else will do!
(Raises pinky as she sips )
Yes Rhian, Dolce Gusto is nice too. I was always envious that the capsules could be bought in supermarkets unlike Nespresso. Luckily, that has changed now.

There's no need to raise that pinky in my company Rhian, just don't slurp it out of the saucer.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 05:49 PM

I'm just considering a Sage Barista Coffee Maker I was really sold on it until I was offered a day training course on how to use it.... put me off to be honest.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm just considering a Sage Barista Coffee Maker I was really sold on it until I was offered a day training course on how to use it.... put me off to be honest.
Was there too much cleaning involved? That's what I like about the pod system, not too much cleaning.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Was there too much cleaning involved? That's what I like about the pod system, not too much cleaning.
LD I like grinding my own beans so pods are not for me I like the ground coffee smell in the kitchen.... lol I know I need to get a life.. its a lovely smell though
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-02-2018, 06:03 PM

LD I like grinding my own beans I like the smell in the kitchen.... lol I know I need to get a life.. its a lovely smell though
I agree with you 100%, I love the smell of coffee. Why doesn't it taste as good as it smells?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

06-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree with you 100%, I love the smell of coffee. Why doesn't it taste as good as it smells?
I was hoping the Sage Barista might be the answer but a training course to use a coffee machine? I can do without that... still considering it though
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 06:56 PM

I have a Tassimo machine and there is loads of choice of coffees, teas and chocolate. Although the packets of pods don’t vary in price a great deal, some make 16 cups and others only 8, so it’s worth trying Cafe au Lait (16) it’s not that much different to Cappuccino (8).
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 07:21 PM

And you'll be paying over the odds because it's endorsed by Heston Blumenthal. My bean to cup machine is a De Longhi model, bought it around seven years ago and it's still going strong. No training needed, select the level of grind by adjusting the dial in the coffee hopper, set one knob on the front for the amount of coffee you want, the other knob for strength then place your cup under the dispensing nozzle and turn the machine on - it will pump some hot water into your cup/s to preheat then press a button for either one cup or two. The machine does the rest. Doddle.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top