Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:14 PM

Re: Too big?

Originally Posted by doctor ->
had to laugh at the title,a lady complaining its to big
Cheeky aporth!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:22 PM

Rhian darlin' - picture this: a 12" dinner plate. A yorkshire pudding the same size as the plate. Inside the pudding slices of beef, onion and a very rich gravy. On top of that another 12" yorkshire pudding and on top of all that a large portion of chips!!! I managed most of it, but have to confess I couldn't finish all the chips - t'was delicious though!!!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Rhian darlin' - picture this: a 12" dinner plate. A yorkshire pudding the same size as the plate. Inside the pudding slices of beef, onion and a very rich gravy. On top of that another 12" yorkshire pudding and on top of all that a large portion of chips!!! I managed most of it, but have to confess I couldn't finish all the chips - t'was delicious though!!!
(Faints in an untidy heap)
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Cheeky aporth!
I thought the same thing...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:17 PM

Goodness,UJ you certainly have an appetite.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:25 PM

You're kidding aren't you ? What you trying to do? Sink the Titanic?
My typical days food is two slices of toast for brekky and a bowl of soup for tea ... sometimes a medium sized jacket potato with a bit of tuna or scrambled egg instead for a change.

I haven't been to a restaurant for years. Waste of money and time trying to eat it all.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:28 PM

I only use a salad plate indoors now and I don't fill it

Eating out is a nightmare. Some places we go the portions are so large, mr missy orders and I ask for a plate and share his. Same if we get Chinese take out, he gets a box meal for him, I take some of that

Some places do pensioner portions which are smaller and I order those.

It's not that I don't like my food, I do, my stomach just turns if I see a pile of it plonked in front of me
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You're kidding aren't you ? What you trying to do? Sink the Titanic?
My typical days food is two slices of toast for brekky and a bowl of soup for tea ... sometimes a medium sized jacket potato with a bit of tuna or scrambled egg instead for a change.

I haven't been to a restaurant for years. Waste of money and time trying to eat it all.

I kid you not, the pub was in Huddersfield and it served what it called a yorkshire pudding sandwich, which was as I described, two large (12") yorkshire puddings with slices of beef and a rich gravy and a pile of chips on top!!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:23 AM

I remember many years ago ordering dessert for my 6yr old daughter in the USA she wanted chocolate cake. I said a small portion please, when it arrived it was a quarter of one of those 12 portion cakes you can buy here, her eyes lit up but of course most of it was wasted.

I don't understand the preoccupation with chips here these days we never had chips as kids they should be banned.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 01:37 PM

Hi

I like my food, but it is quality not quantity.

I have just had a lovely bowl of vegetable soup

Very filling, low in fat and calories.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top